AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem: I have an RG6Q cable run in to my AVCast module and 3 outputs with the 4th output terminated. Since installation I am having wavy lines that interfere with the cable channels 5, 6, & 7. I think that it may be a problem with the amplifier in the avcast module putting too much gain in those channels.

Would some kind of attenuator be a possible solution? If so, where would that go? Between the cable in and the avcast? Or between the avcast and each output line?

Anyone else have this problem? FYI, the signal looks fine on 2 dedicated lines coming from the outside 3 way splitter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I tried a fixed (-6Db) and a variable gain (up to -20Db) attenuator between the mediacaster and the cablecaster. No help on the interference. Again, the "interference" is only on channels 5, 6 & 7. All others are of sufficient quality and the much higher channels 40+ are very clear.

Before I return the attenuators to Radioshack, I wanted to try here one more time. Would it make any difference to connect between the outside feed and the cablecaster? I haven't tried as it is way back in the attic.

Your thoughts appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.