AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home office is next to my theater and Im planning on using my office pc as a dual use HTPC. It has a core 2 duo 3ghz and 2gb ram, I will be purchasing a ATI 5750 and connecting a 25ft hdmi cable to my projector/7.1 receiver.

If I get a high speed 25ft cable it should produce quality images right?

Can you see any potential problems doing a HTPC this way?

·
Registered
177 Posts
25' HDMI cable should be fine. I use a 30' one between my HTPC and projector without problems.

Based on your setup, my only concern would be controlling the HTPC from the other room. You would need to make sure you have an IR receiver and/or wireless keayboard receiver on that side of the wall if you want to control the HTPC from the media room.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlaw /forum/post/19535026

25' HDMI cable should be fine. I use a 30' one between my HTPC and projector without problems.

Based on your setup, my only concern would be controlling the HTPC from the other room. You would need to make sure you have an IR receiver and/or wireless keayboard receiver on that side of the wall if you want to control the HTPC from the media room.

Thanks, I hadnt thought about controlling the system, thats the kind of dumb mistake I was looking for.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If you plan on using 7MC there will be a problem if you plan to work in your office on your computer while someone else want to use the remote for media center. The focus is either on the monitor or the display so it is one or the other but not both at once.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardur
If I get a high speed 25ft cable it should produce quality images right?
I have generic (China) HDMI cables (15ft+6ft) from my AVR to my PJ and it works fine. Don't spend too much in buying so called 'High Quality' cables. Try Monoprice & igonemobile (where I got mine).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts