AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my eyes are officially bleeding after readying all the Denon/Audyssey threads, and I still have a question that's plaguing me.

I love the way Audyssey makes my audio sound, but it sets my Klipsch RF-35's to Full Range / Large and set's the x-over to 60hz, even sets my RC-35 to 60hz! I know, from reading, that I need to manually change these to small / 80hz but the question I have is how? If I go into manual and change the settings do I have to now select Multieq: Manual in-order-to hear the changes I've made or can I just leave it on Multieq: Audyssey? When I change to Multieq: Manual amongst the other Multieq: Flat, Multieq: L/R Bypass modes, etc, it doesn't sound ANYTHING like Multieq: Audyssey?

Can you not go in and slightly modify the Audyssey settings? Seems like all you can do is check them, but aren't allowed to modify them?

Does Multieq: Manual take all the Audyssey settings at the start, and then when I change them it's essentially the Audyssey settings slightly changed? Then if i use Multieq: Manual I am actually using my slightly changed Audyssey settings? I find this hard to believe as the sound is so different.

I've read a couple posts on this already, but they're a bit confusing .

Sorry if this thread is a bit confusing!

BTW, by selecting Multieq: Manual, Multieq: Audyssey....I'm speaking about when I cycle it by pressing the MultiQ button on my remote.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disregard, after wading through 500 plus pages of Audyssey Set-Up help, it turns out that the "Check Audyssey Parameters" on Denon's shows what Audyssey selected, not what you have. But one you change them under manual, thats what your receiver is outputting, even while the Audyssey Parameters stay the same. Sort of stupid, but I wanted to make sure my gear was tight

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.