Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope some of you can help me.

I´m quite new to the CRT cummunity ans I recently bought a Barco Graphics 400 in (the tubes seemed so) good condition, a RCVDS quad 400 included.

The biggest problem is that I can´t display signals from an external source.

But one by one: The PC is connected to the RGB-analogue input of the quad via BNC-Cable. Quad is connected to the Barco via (4 times) BNC Cables. With means of PowerStrip, I have set my ATI Radeon to negative Synch and Composite Synch, this should work for the Barco.

Unfortunately, the Barco shows no reaction on the fed signals, means I do not see anything. This picture (I think it is to be black by default?) I can adjust by the controls on the Quad in Brightness and contrast until it turns to a bright white picture. It is all the same when I feed a composite video signal to the VideoIn-module of the Quad.

When displaying the internally generated test pattern, I can choose several deflection frequencies, but only in the setting "15kHz" I receive a stable picture. Could be some position of DIP-switches be the cause? There are so many (e.g. onthe RGB input board or on the Synch board), but I actually do not know the meaning of them all... Or could the Synch board be out of order? Or some error in the Autolock function?

Can you give me a hint how to proceed in finding the cause ? Am I providing the right kind of signal to the barco?

I am very grateful for any help

Greetings

Gerhard

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.