AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

I've been gaming a long time, originally on a computer, but since moving to a console a few years ago, I've noticed what I can only explain as "video lag." Connection may be fine, but due to stereo receivers processing the signal from the console, and the TV then processing that, extra delay gets built in, so while on my screen I see myself shooting someone, in reality I'm already did and don't know it yet. I realize this happens over several milliseconds, but those add up in any online game.

I'm wondering if there are some settings or tricks I can do to minimize that. My equipment is:

Xbox One

Denon 3808CI Receiver (HDMI from Xbox One into this)

Mitsubishi DLP WD-73837

It is as simple as just using "Game Mode" on the two devices? Should I bypass the receiver for best possible gaming and go directly into TV? (I'd lose surround, but hopefully some headphones can fix that).

What are some ideas here?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Wow, ya, If you can actually see it then it is super bad.

DLP should have 0ms lag!

Yes definitely connect directly to the Mitsubishi (love those!) and turn off any video processing (Game Mode). Anything that was bragged about in the advertising for any HDTV should be turned OFF as it is fine for watching TV but for gaming there is nothing worse. Also the set is 1080P. Can an XBOX ONE do 1080P? if not then the set may induce some lag from scaling from 720 to 1080. I don't have that set so can't give exact instruction so it is still up to you.

I have a DLP projector and love it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it isn't a DLP "projector" it's a DLP rear-projection TV. But I'll give those tips a try. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Good luck! They both use a DLP chip, only in 3D the projector uses 120Hz PageFlipping (Frame Sequential) and the Mitsubishi would use Checkerboard if it was a 3D model. Video processing either by the TV or the AVR causes input lag. IDK about consoles. Does the XBOX have a coaxial S/PDIF for audio also?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts