AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Loewe Aconda 38" television and I bought these new component cables from best buy(acoustic Research) and these cables are a pain to get off. They are such a pain that it took my entire Red connection out of the socket and it is stuck inside the cable. When I try to plug it back into the tv I get this red fuzz now.

How much does it cost to repair broken component connections on average? I dont know where to start or who to call for a repair. This tv is wayyyy out of warranty since 2002.

·
Registered
977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 /forum/post/0

How much does it cost to repair broken component connections on average? I dont know where to start or who to call for a repair. This tv is wayyyy out of warranty since 2002.

Usually fixing a loose, broken component connection is charged at the minimum labor rate of around $75.

·
Registered
698 Posts
if you are good at fixing things you could do this yourself

and if you are going to replace the component connection you might want to try to upgrade the RCA to a BNC style it is much better and locks in place

I have don't this for a old stereo receiver and it works fine 10 years later but I don't know what the inside of the TV looks like what the PC board looks like and maybe you cant do this

in any case if you are really cheep and are really handy you could take RG6 and strip it fold the center coper over and over until it is thicker and shove it in the middle and make the braided stuff wrap around the correct part if you don't understand that then you probly aren't familiar with the connections

·
Registered
674 Posts
I feel your pain bro. For some reason the digital coax input on my receiver is a pain in the arse to unplug the cable from! I thought it was my cable then after replacing it i noticed it was still hard as hell to plug in and unplug. I feel like i'm breaking the input everytime i unplug it or plug it in. It makes the whole back of my receiver move in and makes cracking sounds. Same thing goes with my componet inputs on my TV when using the msoft cables that came with my 360. One goes in easily then the other two are hard as hell to plug in! i HATE cables. i can't wait until eveything is wireless. Do people really need a cable that locks on strong enough to an input that it can beat a 400 pound man in a tug of war?

·
Registered
698 Posts
yep I have the same problem that is why I hate the RCA connection it sucks and just because people are stu[id and bent the copper center on a RG6 cable doesent mean they should of done away with the BNC connection it is much better and wont snap off as easily

as far as the RED connector goes unless it is all by itself and not part of a 3 or 5 group of plugs you should have no reason to get a RED it can be any color as long as you can remember it

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 /forum/post/0

I have a Loewe Aconda 38" television and I bought these new component cables from best buy(acoustic Research) and these cables are a pain to get off. They are such a pain that it took my entire Red connection out of the socket and it is stuck inside the cable. When I try to plug it back into the tv I get this red fuzz now.

DavidML3, I also own a Loewe Aconda 38", and had the same issue. I was using Monster Cable component interconnects, and manually swapping back and forth between my STB and my DVD player. Eventually, I broke one of the TV's component RCA connectors off. However, mine was under warranty -- the tech came out and swapped out the whole connection board, not just the one RCA jack.

Have you called Loewe US?
http://www.loeweus.com/

They have a repair arrangement with a NJ-based service company, Panurgy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.