AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I realize there's a sticky up above for this, but c'mon, that thing is up to 2,500 posts! Who has time to read all that?! I think I'd kill myself

I would think I should be able to turn this thing on and use good judgement for the first 100 hours or so. And by good judgement I mean no 4:3 aspect ratio, no heavy gaming, no ESPN Sportscenter with the black columns on left and right, etc. Is this fair, or am I way off?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCUMV /forum/post/19555944

Guys, I realize there's a sticky up above for this, but c'mon, that thing is up to 2,500 posts! Who has time to read all that?! I think I'd kill myself

I would think I should be able to turn this thing on and use good judgement for the first 100 hours or so. And by good judgement I mean no 4:3 aspect ratio, no heavy gaming, no ESPN Sportscenter with the black columns on left and right, etc. Is this fair, or am I way off?

Well you don't have to read the whole thread, maybe just the past six months worth of posts

I'd say you pretty much have it right - just be mindful of what you display on the screen for the first 100 hours (i'd go 200 hours since it's a Samsung) and keep the screen filled with full screen content and limit the amount of black bars and tickers and logos etc as much as possible.

If the TV will play a picture slideshow from an USB or SD card slot you could download dozens of 1920x1080 HD Wallpaper pictures and use them to help age the panel by running a slideshow when you're not actually watching TV shows - that gives a nice mix of screen-filling IR-washing content and looks fookin incredible to boot. I sometimes play these pictures when i'm listening to music or reading or just piddling around the house.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
BTW it's called Breaking In, not burning in. Burn in is when you permanently damage the panel and we don't want to do that

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I received my pn58c8000 2 or 3 days ago and this thing is amazing, only have maybe 1 or 2 hours of watching on it so far. I've been being cautious to not watch anything with a static logo or bars for too long. I have to say, just about everything you watch these days has a darn logo or bar, never noticed it till now.

Anyone actually running those burn-in slides anymore? Or do you say putting imagery in a slide show is basically the same thing?

Any other tips appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any Break-In slides that go on a flash drive instead of DVD? I don't have my DVD hooked up yet, but probably will hook it up shortly.

I found one that was for flash drives but forget where the link is now, anyone know?

·
Registered
72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by telltale5 /forum/post/19602454

Any Break-In slides that go on a flash drive instead of DVD? I don't have my DVD hooked up yet, but probably will hook it up shortly.

I found one that was for flash drives but forget where the link is now, anyone know?
http://www.eaprogramming.com/ has downloads for both an ISO (region protected though) and a non-regioned video_ts folder that most DVD playing apps can use. That's what I used for my PN58C6400 for the first few nights of non-use.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ash /forum/post/19602473

http://www.eaprogramming.com/ has downloads for both an ISO (region protected though) and a non-regioned video_ts folder that most DVD playing apps can use. That's what I used for my PC58C6400 for the first few nights of non-use.

And there's also a zip file containing the JPEG images that can be unzipped to an SD card of USB stick and play a slideshow on the TV instead of using a DVD player.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, looking for quick assistance so I can stop going through trial and error after reading through forums where I have to piece together answers.

Have a Plasma Samsung 58" with Pioneer SC 25 and 23FD blu ray player. Went to eaprogramming.com to create a break in DVD. I tried the ISO image, using ImgBurn and seems that is recognized as a data disc on the player and a region specific dvd by the computer (windows media). Tried burning the files from the video_TS to a new dvd, and that also read as a data disc on the player and couldn't even get it to play on the computer to ensure I burned it right. Any suggestions as what part Im missing here (Im sure its a simple thing) as it shouldn't be hard to burn a DVD and just play it

TIA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts