AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dukane 9015 D-ILA projector has reached the 600 hours mark on the xenon lamp since I purchased it early in 2000(have been somewhat thrifty using it). But this is not why I am calling on G15 and 9015 owners...

My 9015 has only recently began to exhibit a greenish cast to the image that eventually goes away during the time it takes to watch an average length movie. I can see this greenish color shift "flicker" a few times prior to becoming normal. Question: is it the lamp's aging process (I though xenon lamps weren't supposed to color shift with age) which is causing this anomaly or, even worse, the projector beginning to develop a problem? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/confused.gif

I will appreciate any and all suggestions and comments users of these projectors might want to give. Thanks!

-THTS

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Frank,

I have about 650 hours on my G15, and haven't had similar problems, and previously had a G1000 with similar hours with no color shifting issues.

I'd suggest that you check your RGBHV and/or VGA input connection at the projector.

If you have a HTPC, I'd reseat the video card and check the VGA output connection. Also swap out the video card temporarily if you have a spare, to eliminate the HTPC (or other scaler) from the potential problem source list.

It could just be light oxidation on the connectors.

-Dean.

[This message has been edited by Dean McManis (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a 9015 with 850 hours on the lamp and I have seen no color shift. My sense is that it (lamp) is entering a phase where it seems to have more difficulty 'lighting off,' but that is subjective and intermittant.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Frank, I have a 9015. I may have seen what you are seeing. What I have seen on two occasions is everything overwhelmed by a green tint. I was able to make the problem go away by simply putting the projector in standby and then back in active mode.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gentlemen! Armed with the information and suggestions provided, I'll proceed to develop a process of elimination, starting with the connection issues (thanks, Dean!). Will report findings...

-THTS

·
Registered
301 Posts
Frank and Bernd,

I really hope this isn't the cause of your problems, but I had the EXACT same symptoms with my Panasonic G10 clone. My problem was caused by cold soldering on the scalar board inside the pj. The tech isolated the location quickly by removing the cover and tapping on the board while the pj was running, then did an easy touch-up on the pins with an iron. The unit's been perfect since then. (Thanks John and Jim) http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif But, of course, check everything else first before looking into this.

-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.