AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally determined the set that meets my buying needs but now I can’t find anyone that has it. What is going on?

My needs are:

- Great anti-reflective screen as it is going into a game room with a lot of windows.

- Wide viewing angle for this room (160 degrees)

- DVI – Not because I need it but because I am afraid to get a set without it

- HDTV ready (no integrated tuner) as I already have a Dish 6000 (for two years now waiting for the right set)

- CRT based (don’t trust DLPs just yet)

Doesn’t sound like a set like this would be too hard to fine but I did find one the Hitachi 57twx20b.

I have called everywhere in the Houston area and nobody has it or even heard of it but yet it is on the Hitachi web site.

So I guess I need to get it online (rather not but don’t seem to have much choice)

My first question is does anyone know where a brick and mortar store is in S. Texas or anywhere for this set?

If not how about an online site that has it I can trust.

Or last is there another set with these specs? (I could not find one)

Thanks very much in advance for your help

JDune

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Couch Potato(E)

I Called Ultimate in Dallas and they do have the set so I least I found one.

I would have to drive to Dallas (about 300 miles) and pick it up in a trailor and haul it back to Houston. I guess that is OK as long as Houston Hitachi service would reconize the warranty.

Still would like to find somebody in Houston that has this hard to find set. You would think somebody here would have this set as it seems to be popular combination of features (at least to me). Especially since it is only a couple of hundred dollars more than the swx series.

Thanks again,

JDune

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told by a Sears electronic manager locally that Sears can order/sell me a TWX's Deep Black Anti-Reflective Shield for around $180 to replace my 57SWX20B and have a tech come out to replace it for me. Is this true? Thanks.

Ray

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's interesting Ray. I hope that it is true. I bought the 65swx yesterday and have to wait to take delivery till Feb. I would have loved to check out the twx and the anti-reflective screen, but they are nowhere to be found out here in CA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.