Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PB2+ SVS sub....just taking it out of the box now. :D

I also recently purchased 7 Axiom speakers system to go with it (M60, M22, QS8, VP150 center). I'm using an HK AVR630.

My HT is relatively small 9 1/2 wide x 17 long 7 1/2 ceiling.

Is there any reason that I should/could not use the PB2+ as the center speaker stand?

The center speaker would sit at virtually the perfect height under the screen.

I know I may lose a few dB by not corner loading the sub but with my space restrictions it would mean a rear corner where I plan to have a platform for the rear seats and I assume it would cause the mother of all boominess.

I have not done any testing yet and I will try this as my first approach, but I am hoping for some suggestions and advice on how to determine if this sort of arrangement will cause any negative side effects.

I tried a couple searches on this topic, but got nothing, which puzzles me.

Thanks in advance

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've been using a sub for a center speaker stand for years, in two different theaters, with two differnet subs. Works great. My room is almost the same size as yours. Check it out, below:

http://home.mn.rr.com/hometheater/

You do sacrifice some ultimate bass output, but I find the overall effect to be more pleasing than a corner-woofer setup.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Checkout the Harmon/Kardon white papers on subwoofer placement. From what I recall a subwoofer in the middle is "bad" for some reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.