Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I do not know where to post this strange situation of mine. But since the HTPC forum full of computer wizard I posted here.

I simply cannot see the thread title in AVS forum, hence cannot participat in any discussion as I cannot access the link.

This happen only with my Powerbook (Apple OSX), my daily computer. With my HTPC (WIN XP) I can see the thread title fine. This has happen for a few days, prior to that was a ok.

Iam using IE 5.1 for Mac.

Attached screen capture to what I've described above.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hi!

Now that is definitely weird! The main thing I can think of trying would be to flush the browser's disk cache. Under Windows, it's under Tools -> Options -> General -> Temporary Internet Files -> Delete. It's probably a different option under IE.

Good Luck!

MarkF

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi adzan,

Quote:
Originally posted by adzan
This happen only with my Powerbook (Apple OSX), my daily computer. With my HTPC (WIN XP) I can see the thread title fine. This has happen for a few days, prior to that was a ok.

Iam using IE 5.1 for Mac.
That is weird. I usually access the forums from my TiPB running OS X and IE 5.1 and I have never seen this problem.

Maybe the text is actually there but in the background color? You could try selecting an area where you think a title is located and then paste it into an editor. It would be interesting if the text is actually there.

What version of OS X are you running? Have you run software update recently? I'm running 10.1.5 with no problems.

Good luck!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Folks,

Thanks for the reply.

I found the culprit, I'm using Norton Internet Security in my PowerBook and it have Norton Privacy Control subprogram. In this program if I enable the Ad Blocking features, I will not be able to see the thread title. But if I uncheck it, my browser see the title just fine. The problem was that the ad blocking is a default feature for Norton Internet Security. Hence I need to manually disable it.

Funny, to think that the thread title was treated as Ad by Norton Privacy Control.

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem with Adsubtract which blocks popup ads. I have to disable it or I can't read the titles.

DougK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.