AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my Replay 3060. I created a guaranteed recurring "manual record from RF 3 (3)" set to save the 3 most current episodes of a 1-hour show on Saturdays only from 10 to 11am. It worked perfectly for 7 weeks.

Then it quit working.

So, figuring that it lost its memory, I deleted it and created it over again. It didn't work the next week either. So I deleted it again. This time, when I attempted to recreate it, it told me that I could NOT create a guaranteed replay channel because one already existed for that time period (it did not, I had already deleted it). So, since I couldn't delete a guaranteed replay channel that already didn't exist in order to create a new guaranteed replay channel that I wanted, I created a non-guaranteed replay channel, which, of course, has not worked either.

Basically, I seem to have a permanent, invisible, guaranteed replay channel for Saturday mornings from 10 until 11am that cannot be erased and which will not allow any other record option to work. I've made a variety of attempts to record over and/or around the forbidden time zone to no effect. It prevents anything from being recorded during its proscribed period.

Yet, it records NOTHING!

Anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
4,612 Posts
The invisible show has been reported before and the fix if I'm not mistaken is to unplug the recorder for a minute and upon reboot it's gone.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
The invisible show has been reported before and the fix if I'm not mistaken is to unplug the recorder for a minute and upon reboot it's gone.
Thanks, Mikeboy, I appreciate the mention but I've already tried that - several times, in fact. I even left it unplugged about 30 minutes.

I'm really hoping to find some other way than the dreaded "Reset to factory defaults"

· Registered
4,575 Posts
this is a known issue...i don't think clearing the channel guide will help - do a search on 'ghost' or 'phantom'

from my (poor) memory, try this:

set up a non-guaranteed recording opposite the channel in question, then after it's set-up & you have saved out of it...go back in & change it from non-guaranteed to guaranteed

if that doesn't work do a search for the words above - people have been able to fix this most of the time

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate saying this, but (& thanks for the suggestions, anyway) I've tried both of these techniques to no avail.

Creating a non-guaranteed replay channel and then attempting to change it to guaranteed is blocked, telling me to delete the conflicting, non-existant, phantom channel.

I also deleted the channel guide, then deleted the non-guaranteed replay channel representing the affected time period, then powered off & unplugged for 15 minutes, then reattached to power, then forced a net connection, then tried again - NO EFFECT! ZERO! ZIP! NADA!

The phantom still exists ....

I'm pretty sure that resetting the unit to factory defaults will cure the problem; however, I really don't want to lose the other programming I have on the machine. Since this is the only glitch, I'll probably leave it for a while, hoping for a few more suggestions, one of which, hopefully, will work.

If not, then next weekend, I'll do the deed.

· Registered
4,612 Posts
That's OK, can't win them all. Hope you find the answer. You can still try deleting the show through my.replaytv.com. Wouldn't make the change till it dials in during nightly connect.

· Registered
4,575 Posts
try this, it's from one of the old replayguys (replaymike)

Quote:
The bug where a show conflicts with a phantom version of itself is one that's been described by a few other folks. Here's one solution that worked for somebody. Try to record the show. Note which episode it says conflicts (make sure it's the same one, and not on a different day or something). Highlight that show, click SELECT, and set it up as a non-guaranteed recording. (This should succeed for sure, since there's no such thing as a conflict with a non guaranteed show). Now, go into the Replay Guide and delete that newly-created channel. Now, try to schedule the show to record again normally, and see if you still get the false conflict.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
That's OK, can't win them all. Hope you find the answer. You can still try deleting the show through my.replaytv.com. Wouldn't make the change till it dials in during nightly connect.
Thanks, Mikeyboy - I hadn't thought of that one - however, I just looked and the phantom entry is not listed there! :( But it was a great suggestion.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just so you guys know: a non-existant manually-set replay channel can not be deleted ever by any means other than a factory reset. Because it was set manually, there is no way to get it to 'link' to a regular broadcast show schedule so there is no way to 'catch' it in order to modify its record options. The only choice is the '777' 'Zones' Factory Reset option.

:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.