AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
The Pioneer HTiB should have analog and digital inputs for processing audio from TV's, DVD players, recorders, etc. Jack the analog or digital output from the Vizio to the corresponding input on the Pioneer HTiB. There should be a key on the Pioneer remote switching the unit so it will read the incoming audio from the Vizio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Is the HDMI turned on? According to the Manual:


Switching the HDMI audio setting

To listen to audio from the HDMI interconnect,

make sure you've specified the HDMI audio

output setting.

1 Switch the system into standby.

2 Press SHIFT+SETUP and use L/R to

choose HDMI OUT then press ENTER.

3 Use U/D to choose the setting you want

then press ENTER.

AUDIO ON1 - Audio signals are output

through the HDMI interconnect

AUDIO OFF - Switches off HDMI audio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC /forum/post/15466721


Is the HDMI turned on? According to the Manual:


Switching the HDMI audio setting

To listen to audio from the HDMI interconnect,

make sure you've specified the HDMI audio

output setting.

1 Switch the system into standby.

2 Press SHIFT+SETUP and use L/R to

choose HDMI OUT then press ENTER.

3 Use U/D to choose the setting you want

then press ENTER.

AUDIO ON1 - Audio signals are output

through the HDMI interconnect

AUDIO OFF - Switches off HDMI audio


Yep, that is what i did. Still no audio. I am on hold with Pioneer customer support right now. Hopefully, they will know what the problem is. Thanks for the help so far!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbuyerquestions /forum/post/15466515


I got a new Pioneer HTiB and I am not sure how to get the TV's audio to play through the system. The TV is a 47" Vizio XVT.


This is the audio system I have: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...HTZ-575DV.Shop


Currently, I have the HDMI out on the Pioneer running to the HDMI input on the TV. Is this correct? Please help a noob out.. THANKS!

How do those connections get audio FROM THE TV to the Pioneer? The Vizio has an optical output and a 2 channel RCA audio output. Looks like the Pioneer has an optical audio input, you would connect the optical out from the TV to the Pioneer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to buy a set of stereo audio cables- standard red & white. I thought the audio would play via the HDMI. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Thanks for the help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Connect an optical audio connection from your cable/satellite receiver to your surround sound receiver. This way you will get digital audio. With the rca red and white cables you'll just get analog audio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbuyerquestions /forum/post/15466515


I got a new Pioneer HTiB and I am not sure how to get the TV's audio to play through the system. The TV is a 47" Vizio XVT.


This is the audio system I have: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...HTZ-575DV.Shop


Currently, I have the HDMI out on the Pioneer running to the HDMI input on the TV. Is this correct? Please help a noob out.. THANKS!

Your AVR does not support HDMI audio. This is not uncommon for low-end systems. For best audio you need to run the digital optical cable out from the TV to your AVR. This will give you 5.1 audio when available through the TV's internal tuners, with the red and white RCA cables you will only get two channel stereo. If you are connected to a cable or satellite STB you should connect the optical out from the STB to your AVR as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye911 /forum/post/15471036


Your AVR does not support HDMI audio. This is not uncommon for low-end systems. For best audio you need to run the digital optical cable out from the TV to your AVR. This will give you 5.1 audio when available through the TV's internal tuners, with the red and white RCA cables you will only get two channel stereo. If you are connected to a cable or satellite STB you should connect the optical out from the STB to your AVR as well.

So once I hook up the digital optical cable, will I still need to keep the red & white RCA cables connected?


Thanks for the help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbuyerquestions /forum/post/15480442


So once I hook up the digital optical cable, will I still need to keep the red & white RCA cables connected?


Thanks for the help!

No, you can disconnect the red and white cables. Enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye911 /forum/post/15481121


No, you can disconnect the red and white cables. Enjoy.


i have a similar problem. optical out from tv only gives my sound from the digital channels - get no output from analog channels.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top