AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, in somedays, i will buy B&W 600 for HT, but between 683 or 684 for best? Who can give me advice 683 or 684? thanks alot

my HT:

Front: 602S3 (replace by 683 or 684 ?)

Center: HTM61

Sub: 610

SR: JBL control5

AVR: Yamaha 1800

My room area: 13m2 (3.2mx4.2m)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If you have listened to these speakers the sound quality choice should be obvious between the two.

When I listened to the B&W speakers each model up sounded better than the one before it to my ear and I did not need to switch back and forth more than once to hear it.

Based off of my observations, if you have the coin get the higher model speaker.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all, but Ya 1800'power is enoght to control 683? (684 is good, Ya 1800: 130wx7, connet bi-amp for 683, 683 need power 200w/ch)

Please some advice! thanks

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
The rated impedance (3 ohms min) and sensitivity (90 dB/W/m) is the same for the two, and the 683 adds an extra bass cone. It is also a true 3-way design. I'd go with the 683.

The power specs you are looking at are max power ratings (150 vs. 200 W). Assuming the receiver can really put out 130 W, I doubt you'd notice the difference on most program material. However, imo, you'll get a lot better sound using an external amp, e.g. an emotiva, Bryston, or whatever. Yamaha has always sounded a little "soft" to me on the low end (low damping factor?) B&W generally does better with high-DF amps, imo, and having a receiver rated for 4 ohms is one indication of that. I don't know if the RVX-1800 is or not (doesn't seem to say in the specs?)

HTH - Don

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 /forum/post/18312814

The rated impedance (3 ohms min) and sensitivity (90 dB/W/m) is the same for the two, and the 683 adds an extra bass cone. It is also a true 3-way design. I'd go with the 683.

The power specs you are looking at are max power ratings (150 vs. 200 W). Assuming the receiver can really put out 130 W, I doubt you'd notice the difference on most program material. However, imo, you'll get a lot better sound using an external amp, e.g. an emotiva, Bryston, or whatever. Yamaha has always sounded a little "soft" to me on the low end (low damping factor?) B&W generally does better with high-DF amps, imo, and having a receiver rated for 4 ohms is one indication of that. I don't know if the RVX-1800 is or not (doesn't seem to say in the specs?)

HTH - Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs /forum/post/18313103

Don't stress on those specs - you'll be fine. Did you listen to the CM5s?

Ron

thanks alot. Finnal I choise 683 but Ya 1800 have not enought power for 683. In future i will use ex amp.

My plan: Rotel 970BX monoblock? 870BX monoblock or Ya Z11? i have some advice for this choise? thanks alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts