AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've poked around here for a while and can't seem to reach a conclusion... Basically, I'm trying to decide between the Sharp LC52D85U and Toshiba 52XV645U. Their specs seem similar, though I haven't been able to find the Toshiba's response time (Sharp is 4ms)? There seem to be some concerns about banding with the Sharp, though most comments I found here were for the 46", not 52" (assuming that makes a difference). I'm not really familiar with Toshiba for HDTV, I know people with older Sharps who love them. I've viewed both at bestbuy and didn't see much difference, FWIW (their source is TERRIBLE).

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just brought home the 52xv645u this afternoon. So far I really like this TV. I compared it against a number of different 52in LCD's under 2,000 dollars and to me it had the best picture, especially the black levels. Of course you could spend alot more on something like and XBR from Sony but the different would be minimal for the price difference in my opinion. By the way I picked up this set locally cheaper than what's being advertised on the net.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3watts3 /forum/post/17006857

I just brought home the 52xv645u this afternoon. So far I really like this TV. I compared it against a number of different 52in LCD's under 2,000 dollars and to me it had the best picture, especially the black levels. Of course you could spend alot more on something like and XBR from Sony but the different would be minimal for the price difference in my opinion. By the way I picked up this set locally cheaper than what's being advertised on the net.

So, have you actualy compared it with Sharp (77 series)?

Boky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.