AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

I need your valuable advice not to go crazy.

I am looking for a hd tv and I enjoy working on a plasma because the main goal is to watch movies and series.

Having a budget of $ 1,000 (hard bargaining with Ms) my choice was between Panasonic 50UT50 or LG50PM6700.

These two choices have been worn by numerous reading the forum who have been most helpful to refined my choice.

My goal is to have a good quality TV and the best possible picture for that price.

I enjoy working for UT50 but I heard about the problems of power supply noise.

I must also say this is my first HD screen and I read it had to be careful to IR.

Thank you very much for your valuable advice since it allows me to make the best choice and this is one of the best uses of the Internet.

good day

PS: sorry for my bad English is not my main language

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
At that price point, I would choose between the Panasonic UT50 or the Samsung E550, and not the LG. I have never been satisfied with an LG plasma, especially compared to the other 2. And the salesman at Fry's said he would never buy an LG plasma, nor did he recommend them to customers unless they insisted upon the absolute lowest price. He preferred Panasonic, but acknowledged that some customers liked Samsung as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the 60pm6700 and I think its a great set for the price. I personally feel the only advantage to the panasonic is a better black level, but if you want to best features for your money the LG is the way to go. Now last year LG plasmas were not the best, but they have stepped up their game a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts