AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Vizio at walmart saturday on sale for my mom and stepdad for christmas.
http://www.vizio.com/lcd-hdtvs/e370vl.html

I have just found out I can get this panasonic through panasonic EPP for almost the same price.
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702

I would like some opinions on which set would be better? My parents are coming from a 27" tube tv so this will be their first HDTV. I know the vizio is 1080p compared to 720p on the panasonic, but I also know it really doesnt matter at this size. I cant find many reviews on the panasonic online, but I do see from the panasonic site that it has an IPS panel. The vizio shows the same viewing angle though so does that mean it has an IPS also?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Just found this thread while searching for more info. I ordered the TC-L37C22from the Panasonic EPP site this past weekend. Didn't see the Vizio on sale. The price for the smaller 32'' was way lower than any store on Black Friday.

I have a 2008 Panasonic 32' 720P(TC-32LX85) and my parents last year got a 37' 1080P(TC-L37S1), both on great deals at the time. I've been very happy with both sets, the viewing angle with the IPS panel is fantastic. Since I've had good experiences with those 2 sets, I decided to go with this one as a gift for a family member who is replacing a 10 year old CRT and only will be using it for regular DVDS and limited basic cable. This will finally allow them to get HD locals via clearQAM.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you recieve the television would you mind a small review in this thread? Panasonic has extended their sale prices through december 31st so I still have some time to decide.

·
Registered
77" A80J, 48" LG C1, X4700H, 5.1.2 Infinity Primus + Bic PL200
2,172 Posts
Panasonic is actually back ordered on the 37s. I had ordered one on the 28th and called them to confirm, and they said they havent been able to update the site yet because of all the orders from the sale. The 37s will be out for a couples weeks, at least. I had mine changed for the 32U22 and its supposed to ship today.

That said, Ive seen that Vizio, and it looks really crappy to me. Blacks absolutly suck on it compaired to the Panasonic, which doesnt even have that great of blacks to begin with (though still pretty good).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh what a bummer about it being out of stock. I guess im stuck with the Vizio for my mom then because I really cant afford anything more and she really needs bigger than a 32 since its gonna be her main viewing TV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts