AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to all who replied to my previous thread.

I am still in a quandry..I use the 220 Pio and and e 50 and 60 from panny now and they are good. I am ready to move up to a better PQ one with hdd. right now it looks like the pio 533 is the best bet..is it?

I really don't need the tv guide garbage, as i like to set my timers manually. but if they all have it guess i am stuck with it, so is the 533 the best or is there a better one out there for my purposes...I do want it, if it has that tvguide stuff, to be able to disable the tvguide and use it in the same manner, manually set up and so forth, as I do with my pio 220's and panny's..

thanks for all recommendations..t

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv13
right now it looks like the pio 533 is the best bet..is it?
Well, I'm sure the other brands mentioned prominently here are also good recorders, but I chose the Pioneer 533 after taking awhile deciding between that one and the Panasonic EH50S. I wanted a hard drive model, and with good functionality to record miniDV camcorder tapes to DVD and also transferring some old VHS tapes to DVD, in addition to recording TV shows. And I can say that I am very well pleased with the 533 so far with ALL of these functions.

Excellent PQ, fairly easy to edit, easy to operate, and the TV Guide EPG works fine for me without a hitch so far. (I use direct cable input with no box, so perhaps others with a cable box can tell of the problems they may have encountered.) Anyway, it is EASY to manually record a TV program through the TV Guide by just manually entering the times you want to start and end the recording.

I personally found my $359 for the Pio 533 as money well spent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.