AVS Forum banner

Help choosing a mini-fridge for a theater bar!

9K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  ShoutingMan 
#1 ·
I need recommendations for an under-cabinet mini-fridge for a small wetbar. I thought I'd get a decent $150 22"-wide mini-fridge with freezer. Today I learned I need a fridge designed for in-cabinet installation. Naturally, these are much more expensive. Or, I can buy a smaller free-standing mini-fridge and have a gap around it underneath the bar; which is not attractive.

I wanted freezer space for ice, for mixed drinks or guests who want ice in their soda. The in-cabinet fridges all seem to be beverage coolers only, with no freezers. Are there other options for ice for a wet-bar?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
The mini-fridge will be in the theater. No design options to be outside the theater except to not have one. The ice-maker is something for later; in the meantime I'll use an ice bucket.

I've settled on an in-cabinet beverage fridge. My two choices are a $400 Magic Chef or a $679 Avanti.

I like the solid door and wine-rack flexibility of the Avanti. I like the 40% lower price of the Magic Chef.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Discussion starter · #12 ·
Very important if in the room, the noise level. I have a wine cooler (I understand not what your are looking for) and I have a concern about running any kind of calibration while it is plugged in. Much noisier than our standard refrigerator.
An in-cabinet mini-fridge for sodas and assorted drinks. I don't want a dedicated wine-cooler.

Noise level, I have to live and learn on this.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
I did a Uline 1024. Expensive though. I wanted the coldest cooler and one that would last a while, so I went with Uline. The cheaper ones will fail sooner or not maintain the cold temps.
It's time to buy a fridge. I'm thinking about a U-Line now, based on retail availability, features, and 5-yr warranty on refrigeration system.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
A great feature in the U-Line: it has a power button on the inside control panel. So if I don't want it making noise during a movie, I can easily turn it off, and turn it back on when the movie is over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.