AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time again, I feel the need to upgrade and I finally have the means to do so. I am looking into getting a new receiver in the next couple of months, but I really don't know where to start. I currently have a denon 1612 that does a decent job of things, but I can tell that it is a bit lacking at higher volumes for movies, and it doesn't have built in amps for the rear surrounds. I have looked at Denon's 4311CI, but feel like it is really more than I need to be honest, I have also considered a Yamaha RX-A1020, but I haven't read much on it yet. I really just need a few good suggestions so I can focus my efforts.

Overall budget, I would like to stay Below $2,500. Cheaper is better if I can get the few features I desire. I would love to have dedicated amps and a receiver with pre-outs, but I know that gets insanely expensive ( and also not really needed for my power requirements, but I like the look of all those amps in my rack lol
), but I feel may be doable with my budget, and fairly low power requirements.

I am trying to power my Klipsch Icon series speakers:

WF 35 150W RMS; front left and right speakers

WC-24 90W RMS; Center channel Speaker

WB-14 40W RMS; Surrounds and Rears

I am also picking up two Rythmik E15hp subs for my LFE, thus the need for a 7.2 Receiver. I know I can daisy chain them, but I would like to take advantage of room correction with them.

The receiver will be used for movies about 80% of the time and music for the rest.

So here's a list of features I have to have:

Some form of room correction ( I love the difference it makes with my current Denon)

Processing for no less than 7 channels and 2 LFE channels

Adequate power for my speakers ( I figure something in the 100W to 150W range should be more than enough)

I personally like Denon, but I am not afraid of new or unfamiliar name brands. Receivers are something I know very little about since I have such little experience with them.

I would like 2 HDMI outs, but this is not a must have really.

(Like I said, not asking for to much other than the room correction)

Please feel free to ask any questions, I know I tend to leave things out. Thanks in advance! You guys have helped me many times in the past! I'm looking forward to your input!

Tyler aka "Mr47"

**EDIT** I also thought that I might point out that I have an OPPO BDP103D for a blu-ray player. I understand it can basically be used as a receiver sans the room correction and all that. Would it be worth fiddling with it and some dedicated amps, or am I better off with a full blown receiver?

·
Registered
29,067 Posts

Quote:
I am also picking up two Rythmik E15hp subs for my LFE, thus the need for a 7.2 Receiver. I know I can daisy chain them, but I would like to take advantage of room correction with them.

If you want to take advantage of dual sub calibration you'll need a receiver with Sub EQ HT. The Denon 4311, x4000 and 4520 all have that. You should be able to get the x4000 under $1000 by calling JD here at AVS Forum.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well afrogt I must say you hit the nail on the head with your suggestion. I hadn't seen the x4000 till now, and it fits the bill perfectly. I can always add a stereo amp to it to power my front tower speakers if I feel it lacking at all. Just placed an order for the Denon x4000! Now I just gotta wait for the next paycheck so I can place my order for the Rythmik subs >

1 - 3 of 3 Posts