AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question gets asked a lot, but I’m hoping for some assistance. I’ve read a lot of the posts and have done quite a bit of research on HT. I’m hoping to get a recommendation for a projector. Below is a description of what I hope to use it for.

Use:

TV viewing – Both HD and non-HD

Console Gaming

DVD viewing

We watch a lot of TV, mostly HD but a lot of non-HD as well. I currently have cable but will most likely be switching to Directv soon.

Room:

Finished basement. ~17W x 34L

This room will act both as a HT and a “game room†the game room will only have a pool table to begin with, but I plan on adding to it as I go along.

The room only has 2 very small windows that I will make black out shades to cover, so it will be very dark.

Carpet is a light tan – this can not be changed

Walls – Currently white, willing to paint dark.

Budget:

Would love to stay ~$2000, but if the difference was worth it the max would be ~$3500

Hope this is enough to generate a few recommendations based on my use and room.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you haven't already, I'd read the thread by Claus discussing the current 720p lineup of projectors.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=549660

You'll probably want 720p since you watch a good bit of HD, and the thread above has some really great points and comments comparing several of those projectors.

Also, if you can, I'd suggest waiting a month or so after CEDIA and see if prices drop like they normally do or if something new comes out within your budget that is better than the current crop of projectors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.