AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting the Athena Point 5 MKII Set with the Athena 10" 100w Sub and have narrowed down my Reciever choices down to three and am wondering what your alls opinion on them are. The three recievers are the Kenwood VR9060 ($270), Yamaha HTR-5850 ($280) and Pioneer VSX-815-S ($300). I'm leaning towards the Pioneer because of the extensive input options and the fact that they have a good reputation. The Kenwood also has a nice price tag and alot extensive input options also. Anyone's input is apreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EqualSlash
I'm going to be getting the Athena Point 5 MKII Set with the Athena 10" 100w Sub and have narrowed down my Reciever choices down to three and am wondering what your alls opinion on them are. The three recievers are the Kenwood VR9060 ($270), Yamaha HTR-5850 ($280) and Pioneer VSX-815-S ($300). I'm leaning towards the Pioneer because of the extensive input options and the fact that they have a good reputation. The Kenwood also has a nice price tag and alot extensive input options also. Anyone's input is apreciated.
What did you end up getting, and how do you like those Athena Point-5's?

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I think if you look around on the web you can find that Pio for ~ $250 shipped, a very good deal. You might want to look into refurbed Onkyo 602s for $250+ or the HK235 ~ $300. Isn't the 5850 6.1? I think I'd stay w/7.1. Anyhoo, I'd consider those 3 equally over the Kenwood and Yammie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.