AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to post this in the readme but it appears that is not really for discussion so here goes:

1. Your budget. I was wanting to stay less than $1000
2. Size requirements/limits. Not really.
3. Room dimensions. 28 x 13x 10 foot ceiling
4. Primary uses. Home Theater
5. Listening habits. I'm probably one of those middle bass for home theater kind of guys.
6. Appearance requirements. Black, nothing too glossy
7. Timeframe. 2 months or sooner

I have ordered some Paradigm AMS-LCR and AMS-100R for in wall speakers. I was going to get the Paradigm Monitor 12" sub to go with it but the more I read the more I am interested in the Reaction Audio Echo 15. But I am open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,386 Posts
IndecisivePurchaser said:
... I was going to get the Paradigm Monitor 12" sub ...
IMO, you would have been underwhelmed by its performance in a 3,640 cu.ft. room.

... the more I read the more I am interested in the Reaction Audio Echo 15. But I am open to other suggestions.
HSU VTF-15H MK2 ($899 + $109 shipping)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Have you thought about dual subs and/or DIY? One up front and one in the back will help smooth out room modes/nulls and provide a better "sub" experience for everyone watching.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Personally I have been thinking about getting two of these, http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/sealed-box/sb-2000. If you buy two I think its only $1300, a little over your budget, but then you get two subs :)
I like the idea of getting 2, but I would get 2 ported. Sealed are better for small rooms where you get good room gain. With a 28' dimension, you won't get any room gain so I would go ported.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check out powersoundaudio. PSA. they are id, great subs, customer service is top notch. Free shipping both ways. S1500, v1500, xv15se, xs15se, and the xs30se. All great subs. Made in USA is also a bonus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the idea of getting 2, but I would get 2 ported. Sealed are better for small rooms where you get good room gain. With a 28' dimension, you won't get any room gain so I would go ported.
Ya know, I have got to say that AVS forum has been really great experience so far. I've been lurking on and off for years preparing for our build and it was only recently that I started to post. The responses, advice, and things I have learned has really been helpful. Thanks for that.

So one thing I have been considering is I have an Infinity Interlude 100 Sub that is just sitting there not in use. I have considered using that as well until I can get another sub.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
OP listen to canuck and get the VTF-15H MK2.

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
IMO, if you have more than one row of seating, more than one sub is a must. Duals might do it, but be prepared to go to 3 or 4 if you really care about bass in the second row. ;)

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,249 Posts
Ok, I'll be the first to suggest it. Bust your budget. Get the Reaction Audio Echo 18. :D

Or save some dough and purchase a used XV15se(shameless plug to sell my sub)

Reactions: eljaycanuck

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Echo 15 is a solid choice...as would be the Rythmik FV15x, PSA V1500, and HSU VTF-15.2. The performance differences are going to be minimal between all of these subs. Choose the one that meets your needs..ie waf, size, warranty, customer service.
Pretty much this. Even my "outdated" PV-15x provides more output then I need. My normal listening levels increased with the new sub as well, and it still isn't enough to really push things. As Jeremy has stated before, I don't stress over a couple of db's of max output as I wouldn't notice it anyway.

Ok, I'll be the first to suggest it. Bust your budget. Get the Reaction Audio Echo 18. :D

Or save some dough and purchase a used XV15se(shameless plug to sell my sub)
:laugh:

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
There will likely be a V1500 in the PSA outlet by the first part of next week, possibly this Friday.

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
I really like what I have seen about the VTF15h mk2, Echo 15, and Rythmik FVX15. You can't go wrong with any of those.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I really like what I have seen about the VTF15h mk2, Echo 15, and Rythmik FVX15. You can't go wrong with any of those.
nor the v1500 which you so predictably omitted...again!;)

Btw...outside of say the mk2 have you even heard any of the subs, you so often recommend or refer?:confused:

Just curious...:)

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
nor the v1500 which you so predictably omitted...again!;)

Btw...outside of say the mk2 have you even heard any of the subs, you so often recommend or refer?:confused:

And which of RA Echo 15, Rythmik FVX15, PSA V1500, and Hsu VTF-15 MK2 have you heard :confused:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
And which of RA Echo 15, Rythmik FVX15, PSA V1500, and Hsu VTF-15 MK2 have you heard :confused:

I did not make any recommendations, just a simply observation...;)

I have been cordially invited to hear some RA subs and speakers here when the individual has taken ownership....if that will account for anything...:)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Check out powersoundaudio. PSA. they are id, great subs, customer service is top notch. Free shipping both ways. S1500, v1500, xv15se, xs15se, and the xs30se. All great subs. Made in USA is also a bonus.
the made in the usa part caught my eye. Are they made in the usa or just assembled in the USA? I support buying USA made big time just curious on them. they have nice specs but they lose me in looks

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
the made in the usa part caught my eye. Are they made in the usa or just assembled in the USA? I support buying USA made big time just curious on them. they have nice specs but they lose me in looks
Strictly speaking, I would break it down and say:

The drivers are assembled in the USA of foreign and/or US parts.
The connectors and wires not made in the USA
The cabinets are made in the USA of US sourced MDF

As for the Amps, depends on the model. The Ice Power amps are made in the USA of US or foreign parts. Bash amps are made in China.

Then all the components are assembled in the USA.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts