Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my current components and how they connect:

Sony BD-S350 (HDMI)

Wii (Composite)

Xbox 360 (HDMI)

Apple TV (HDMI)

All are currently connected directly to my Pioneer Kuro 4280. I want to add a receiver next and then later speakers. My budget forces me to do this in pieces. I have approx $300 for a budget. I am partial to H/K as I have had there stuff before and it has served me well, but am open to any brand really. It must have at least 3 HDMI in that support audio and video and it will need to decode the HD audio codecs as my Sony doesn't decode DTS-MA. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
So you have $300 for a receiver. You do know its useless w/o speakers right?

For such a small budget I'd suggest looking at the HK 254 refurbs on the Harman Audio ebay site. You should be able to get one in the $220-240 range or less. They come with full manufacturers 2 year warranty and by most accounts they look brand new. There are 6 auctions that end tonite.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/17029781

So you have $300 for a receiver. You do know its useless w/o speakers right?

Yeah I know, but as I said, pieces. I will get the receiver now and then in a few months speakers. The H/K on ebay do look like the best option. Is it worth the extra money to go to a 354?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. Has anyone seen or heard about the new line of H/K? Are they worth waiting for? Any dates? They would be out of budget right now, but I may be able to afford it a little later. Here is one that caught my eye:
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-...0780223&sr=8-1

Thing is, I could get the 254/354 plus a set of H/K speakers for relatively the same price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.