AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I could use a little help, as there seem to be so many options but I don't know how to sort through them.

I would like to get a device that does these things:

1. Converts line level to mic level (for input into a camcorder)

2. Accepts balanced audio via XLR

3. Also accepts unbalanced audio (i.e. from a phono plug from consumer equipment)

4. Ideally, unpowered or battery powered

Can anyone point me to something line that? I only need two channels, and lower price is more important than studio quality stuff.

Thanks much.

Jeremy

·
Registered
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchansen /forum/post/18138977

Hi all. I could use a little help, as there seem to be so many options but I don't know how to sort through them.

I would like to get a device that does these things:

1. Converts line level to mic level (for input into a camcorder)

2. Accepts balanced audio via XLR

3. Also accepts unbalanced audio (i.e. from a phono plug from consumer equipment)

4. Ideally, unpowered or battery powered

Can anyone point me to something line that? I only need two channels, and lower price is more important than studio quality stuff.

Thanks much.

Jeremy

There's the ProCo IT4A, IT1 or maybe the ART T8. The ART Cleanbox Pro looks like it might fit the bill as well.

Frank

·
Registered
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchansen /forum/post/18141360

Thanks for those; they look really good, especially the Cleanbox. Do you have any suggestions for passive devices as well?

Jeremy

Not a one...sorry. Those are all isolation transformers which are by definition active rather than passive. Maybe someone else will think of something that I haven't...?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I am looking at these for two reasons; one is an actual installation I want to do, and the other is a "just in case" unit for my own undetermined future use. For the current one, I was thinking of one of the Beachtek camcorder adapters. Is there a way to adapt one of those to take unbalanced audio from a pair of phono plugs? They expect balanced audio.

·
Registered
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchansen /forum/post/18141873

Well, I am looking at these for two reasons; one is an actual installation I want to do, and the other is a "just in case" unit for my own undetermined future use. For the current one, I was thinking of one of the Beachtek camcorder adapters. Is there a way to adapt one of those to take unbalanced audio from a pair of phono plugs? They expect balanced audio.

No. The only way would be to use a balancing transformer. I mean, you could just get an adapter, but that wouldn't balance the signal.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.