AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been looking around for months, and just when I think I am ready to pull the trigger, I read something else and I go back to square one.

What I am currently looking for:

90% TV/Movies, 10% Music

14' by 24' room, pretty much a dedicated TV room

Starting with a center Channel and either (2) towers or (2) bookshelf's that can be moved to the rear eventually

I have pretty much decided on HSU VTF-2 sub

Speakers I am considering:

EmpTek

Aperion Verus Grand

Wharfedale Diamond

Focal Chorus 700

KEF Q

Any recommendations? I know I can try the Aperion and EmpTek at home, and probably should, but I want to keep it to two options to demo so I am not sending 15 speakers back.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Out of that $2K based on your 90% movie watching, I would allocate more money to a more powerful sub. Maybe the PSA XV15 at $799 shipped or the VTF 3 MK 4 etc.....

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poledous  /t/1472007/help-choosing-home-theater-speakers#post_23296100

The VTF-3 looks like the better deal right now anyway. Only $100 more than the VFD-2. I am sold. But that still leaves me with the speakers...

I guess that means you have around 1200 for speakers. One option(the one I went with) would be Ascends CMT-340SE. You should be able to get LCR and one pair of surrounds( HTM-200 SE ) for about 1158 shipped. But then you would have to pay for the speakers stands and wall mounts which do add up.

Note: I am newbie myself and have been following this forum for a while before I pulled the trigger. I was in same situation as you with whole lot of confusion even until I got the speakers delivered. I am happy with the choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.