AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I'm getting a new TV. I'm replacing a 65" toshiba crt projection and I'm looking at the following TV's

Samsung PN58A550

Samsung HL 72A650

I'm also looking at a Samsung HL67A510C this is a great deal with stand for $1800 the other 2 tvs are in the high 2K's

Viewing distance is about 15ft from the screen so I need a fairly large screen size. I have the room for the larger tv no need to put something on the wall but I've been thinking about sacrificing screen size of the DLP for the better picture of the plasma

any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
the 72" has 54% larger screen area than the 58". and that is obviously a huge difference and at 15ft i might choose that size difference over the better pq of the plasma. the plasma will have much better off axis viewing then the dlp if you have seats that are not up the middle of your viewing area.

panny also has a 65" plasma panel you might consider but at a much larger $$ then a sammy 58". your monies your choices.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i've seen that one, nice set but you're right too much $$.

I've been on the fence between screen size and PQ.

I purchased a 40A530 LCD for my wifes reading/tv room. right now it is in the big room. definately a lot smaller than the 65 but it does have a nice picture. We do plan on getting blu ray and HD programming

1 - 3 of 3 Posts