AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First of all, I am a newbie and never buy receiver before so I am sorry if I may ask stupid question.
Back to my story, I am looking to buy a receiver so I went to a local store near my house. They recommend me these two used/refurbished receivers. One is Yamaha Rx-V1700 and Rx-V3900 ($70 higher), I was considering these two. My question:

What is the difference between Rx-V1700 and Rx-V3900? Both are discontinued by manufacture but I know Rx-V3900 is newer.
Are they reliable? since I am looking for a refurbished one.

Thanks for reading.:)

·
The Village Idiot
9,626 Posts
I owned a 3900 for a year. I'd buy one again if the price were right. It has plenty of power for 4ohm speakers - which is what I have. I don't know anything about the 1700 but it seems for $70 more and a few years newer the 3900 should be worth that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How reliable is the rx-v3900? I have only 2 bookshelf speakers right now but I intend to invest more over time for a 5.1 system. Any idea about the Rx-v1700?

·
The Village Idiot
9,626 Posts
The V3900 was very reliable right up until the power board died. Strange as the HDMI boards are what usually go first - after many good years of service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts