AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked at Yamaha RX-V777BT denon AVR-x22100w on sale for $399 whats the diffence between these two receivers and which one sounds better? and more reliable i want use my ipad wifi and bluetooth i have Definitive Technology speakers 1000 for fronts & 800 for backs
Thanks for any info on this

·
Registered
15,325 Posts
I looked at Yamaha RX-V777BT denon AVR-x22100w on sale for $399 whats the diffence between these two receivers and which one sounds better? and more reliable i want use my ipad wifi and bluetooth i have Definitive Technology speakers 1000 for fronts & 800 for backs
The main difference is that the Denon 2100 sports Audyssey MultEQ® XT auto speaker calibration, which some claim is one of the better calibration formats in consumer products outside of more esoteric and expensive products.

However, with all the new products and features coming to market this year, I would hold off until the 2015 models later this summer/early fall. Even if you are not currently interested in 3D object-based surround, there are changes coming to HDMI chipsets that are friendlier to Ultra High Definition media like the upcoming Ultra HD Blu-ray format.

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
I looked at Yamaha RX-V777BT denon AVR-x22100w on sale for $399 whats the difference between these two receivers and which one sounds better? and more reliable i want use my ipad wifi and bluetooth i have Definitive Technology speakers 1000 for fronts & 800 for backs
Between those two, I would go for the Yamaha myself. That is if you are not interested in DTS:X coming up later on this year. ...More money too.
...And as Dan just mentioned above on the latest version of HDMI and HDCP. ...For 4K. ...But not everyone is interested in 4K anyway.

Yamaha is rated higher for reliability. As for sound quality that's the tough part; I don't think you'd notice a large difference here.

* Read the online reviews, and look @ the specs (set of features), and @ the rear for the connections' accommodation.
Methinks that the Yamaha is the better overall deal.

♦ The Yamaha has multichannel preamp out, not the Denon. That means you can add external amps in the future if you wish, for more power.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Between those two, I would go for the Yamaha myself. That is if you are not interested in DTS:X coming up later on this year. ...More money too.
...And as Dan just mentioned above on the latest version of HDMI and HDCP. ...For 4K. ...But not everyone is interested in 4K anyway.

Yamaha is rated higher for reliability. As for sound quality that's the tough part; I don't think you'd notice a large difference here.

* Read the online reviews, and look @ the specs (set of features), and @ the rear for the connections' accommodation.
Methinks that the Yamaha is the better overall deal.

♦ The Yamaha has multichannel preamp out, not the Denon. That means you can add external amps in the future if you wish, for more power.
I ordered this Denon AVR-X2100W IN-Command for $399 i could always upgrade later since it was only $399 i really did consider the yamaha receiver because of reliablity
and the prices for the 2015 or gonna a bit high when they first come out? the speakers i orded is Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000, for fronts and for backs Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 and Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 for center and Definitive Technology ProSub 1000 for sub, i hope this is a good setup, i have 60 days to return it,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you think i should buy the Yamaha RX-V777BT over denon right now or wait? the Yamaha RX-V777BT is $800 i'll get 4k tv within a year

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
IMO, the Denons are a better reciever! Read some of the Yamaha avr Threads, theres alot of issues with Networking issues, as well as audio/video component problems with the Yamaha avr's!;)

Maybe if you had a older working Yamaha avr, you could claim reliability. But, with all the new technology in these little boxes. No brand is going to be fully Issue Free! Take it for what its worth, and choose a avr that best fits your needs based on its description. Evrything else is just opinion!:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread. I am looking for some recommendations in general on A/V receivers. My existing receiver died on me a couple of weeks ago and I have been doing good with the Audio output from the TV. I would like to get a new receiver, but not sure which one.

I would like to stay under 500$ from a budget perspective.

If there are other threads where recommendations are being made, please help me point to them.

Regards,
Pradeep

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread. I am looking for some recommendations in general on A/V receivers. My existing receiver died on me a couple of weeks ago and I have been doing good with the Audio output from the TV. I would like to get a new receiver, but not sure which one.

If there are other threads where recommendations are being made, please help me point to them.

Regards,
Pradeep
399.99 for the Denon x2100w, is a no brainer..;)

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
So you think i should buy the Yamaha RX-V777BT over denon right now or wait? the Yamaha RX-V777BT is $800 i'll get 4k tv within a year
Oh, I thought the Yamaha 777 was also on sale for $399 ... then go with the Denon 2100 ... you save $401. :cool:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Depends, if you buy a true 4k uhdtv with a fully compatible 2.0 hdmi input/s with 2.2 hdcp, and plan on buying a new uhd br player as well at the end of 2015/2016, then yes Id wait!

There are very few avr's out now with hdmi 2.0, and 2.2 hdcp. Most only have 1 input thats capable, when the new line of avrs come out with the latest hdmi codec. All inputs and most likely outputs will have 2.0 hdmi and 2.2 hdcp, thats needed to pass 4k content thats encoded with hdcp 2.2...:cool:

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
♦ Yes, I was looking @ the first post of this thread (highlighted in red in the first quote above), and based my post partly on that. ...Value aspect.

·
Registered
15,325 Posts
I ordered this Denon AVR-X2100W IN-Command for $399 i could always upgrade later since it was only $399 i really did consider the yamaha receiver because of reliablity
and the prices for the 2015 or gonna a bit high when they first come out? the speakers i orded is Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000, for fronts and for backs Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 and Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 for center and Definitive Technology ProSub 1000 for sub, i hope this is a good setup, i have 60 days to return it,
I would return the Def Tech Sub (hopefully, this was not a package) and go with this one instead. Better, tighter slam for your money. Around the same price too.

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/pb-1000

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've got a pair of the Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800's for my small living room system, along with a ProCenter 1000. Excellent, crisp sound with impressive upper bass from such small speakers. I'll add a sub one day as well but for now I am extremely pleased with all of the Definitive speakers that I have. Be aware that they do require about 30 hours to break in properly. At first they may sound a bit harsh but will smooth out nicely.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Regards,
Pradeep
As previously noted, the Denon X2100W is on clearance now and if purchased from AVScience, we'll also provide a free Denon HEOS Link ($349 MSRP) for cost of shipping only (for the 3 remaining units we currently still have in stock). The Link can be used to stream audio to an older non-networking AVR or to wireless HEOS speakers placed in other rooms in the house. Call for pricing or any additional questions regarding X2100W features.

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
As previously noted, the Denon X2100W is on clearance now and if purchased from AVScience, we'll also provide a free Denon HEOS Link ($349 MSRP) for cost of shipping only (for the 3 remaining units we currently still have in stock). Call for pricing or any additional questions regarding X2100W features.
That ^

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
As previously noted, the Denon X2100W is on clearance now and if purchased from AVScience, we'll also provide a free Denon HEOS Link ($349 MSRP) for cost of shipping only (for the 3 remaining units we currently still have in stock). Call for pricing or any additional questions regarding X2100W features.
There yah go,,, and then sell the Heos to nearly payoff the x2100w!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts