AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some help choosing speakers for a 5.1 system. My room and TV placement is a little atypical so there is a problem. The room is 15' x 15' with a carpeted floor and the 50" plasma is in the corner on a stand. Seating is an L-shaped sofa and love seat facing the TV. The front speakers and sub I think are a pretty typical set-up but the surrounds are the problem. There isn't an ideal place to hang them to get the normal surround sound set-up. My question is: do I go with something like Mirage nanostats all around (because of the omnipolar design), or with nanostats just in the rear with another type of speaker in the front. I looked at Def Tech 800's and 1000's but didn't know how they would match-up with the nanostats. I plan on using an Onkyo TX SR674 receiver and have not chosen a sub either. Any help or other speaker suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.