AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a newbie/virgin to the Home theater world. I have purchased my speakers and receivers. Now I need help with the screen and projector choice. My room is 18' 4" long, 11' wide with 9' ceilings. I am hoping for a 100" fixed frame screen. It is in my basement, the room has no windows and will be painted a mediium- dark gray color. I am very interested in the Infocus X10. I have checked the reviews and it seems like a very good entry level 1080p projector with a low price. I know the throw distance is around 14.8 and the seating is 10-16. So, I think I am ok there. Does this projector seem like a good fit for me? Are there any issues that I would have? Also, I am looking at some Elite Screens and was not sure if I should be going with the CineGray or CineWhite Screen for my circumstances

Thanks to anyone for input on this. I am so confused, it seems there is so much to all of this!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoates76 /forum/post/16913369

Hi, I am a newbie/virgin to the Home theater world. I have purchased my speakers and receivers. Now I need help with the screen and projector choice. My room is 18' 4" long, 11' wide with 9' ceilings. I am hoping for a 100" fixed frame screen. It is in my basement, the room has no windows and will be painted a mediium- dark gray color. I am very interested in the Infocus X10. I have checked the reviews and it seems like a very good entry level 1080p projector with a low price. I know the throw distance is around 14.8 and the seating is 10-16. So, I think I am ok there. Does this projector seem like a good fit for me? Are there any issues that I would have? Also, I am looking at some Elite Screens and was not sure if I should be going with the CineGray or CineWhite Screen for my circumstances

Thanks to anyone for input on this. I am so confused, it seems there is so much to all of this!

The X10 would be excellent for you. Check out the X10 owners thread for screen advise and setup. A gray screen is a better choice than white for an X10 at 100"diagonal.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1088076

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
With a basement and no light problems, stick to the white screen. There are several good choices for @ $1K, some 720p and a few 1080p. Spend some time in the forum studying and then go for it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.