AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved into my new apartment and I am planning on purchasing wireless speakers for the living room. The room is 5.62m X 3.1m or 17.5m.

Initially I was going to get the new Focus XD 200, but given it's such a small and narrow room, I think it's not a good idea. I've also looked at Devialet's Phantom, but I think it's not good either.

Are there any high-end or really decent speakers that you could recommend buying for such space?

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
I just moved into my new apartment and I am planning on purchasing wireless speakers for the living room. The room is 5.62m X 3.1m or 17.5m.

Initially I was going to get the new Focus XD 200, but given it's such a small and narrow room, I think it's not a good idea. I've also looked at Devialet's Phantom, but I think it's not good either.

Are there any high-end or really decent speakers that you could recommend buying for such space?
Depends on what you're after. Full home theater experience or just some decent sound for TV and music.

Sonos, Devon Heos or any of the new play-fi wireless speakers would work.

I have a Peachtree audio DeepBlue II BT speaker that would easily fill that space with sound. It has analog and optical inputs if you wan't better bit rates. The only thing it lacks is stereo separation and it can't be paired with another unit to get it, where as the sonos and other wi-fi speakers can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what you're after. Full home theater experience or just some decent sound for TV and music.

Sonos, Devon Heos or any of the new play-fi wireless speakers would work.

I have a Peachtree audio DeepBlue II BT speaker that would easily fill that space with sound. It has analog and optical inputs if you wan't better bit rates. The only thing it lacks is stereo separation and it can't be paired with another unit to get it, where as the sonos and other wi-fi speakers can.
Kini, just decent sound for TV, but mostly music. Preferably not too big and stylish (not butt ugly lol), so it wouldn't clash with the decor. As for type, anything like bookshelf, soundbar would fit the bill. I don't really have budget, since I was going to buy Focus XD in the beginning, money is no really object.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was going to mention Heos also, but Kini beat me to the punch! I like that Heos uses your existing WiFi network.

I don't know about Linn's Kiko.

It sounds like it's mostly two channel that you're after? If you're in the US, the Aperion Audio Allaire is a good option for that. Also the Audio Engine A5+. Or if you're in Europe Audio Pro makes some wireless options also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to mention Heos also, but Kini beat me to the punch! I like that Heos uses your existing WiFi network.

I don't know about Linn's Kiko.

It sounds like it's mostly two channel that you're after? If you're in the US, the Aperion Audio Allaire is a good option for that. Also the Audio Engine A5+. Or if you're in Europe Audio Pro makes some wireless options also.
Yeah, preferably two-channel. I've heard a few soundbars, but wasn't that impressed so far. I used to have A5+. The sound was OK, but look-wise, no. I've checked Heos and they sound interesting, especially the 3 model. Any other suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts