AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just tried watching clerks 2 on my xbox and i keep getting a message THIS MOVIE WILL NOT PLAY DUE TO THE PARENTAL SETTINGS OF THE PLAYER. but i put in the texas chain saw the begging which has the same rating and that plays. can somebody help me? THANK YOU

·
Registered
7 Posts
Download the November update for the HD DVD player. You can find on the "How To Get HD DVD Support for the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player" web page. It is about half way down the page. Just follow the burning instructions and play the disk in your Xbox 360. This worked with the playback problems I had with The Matador so I can only assume that it should work with Clerks II.

Sorry about not including the link, my post count isn't high enough to just insert the link.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeHZ /forum/post/0

Download the November update for the HD DVD player. You can find on the "How To Get HD DVD Support for the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player" web page. It is about half way down the page. Just follow the burning instructions and play the disk in your Xbox 360. This worked with the playback problems I had with The Matador so I can only assume that it should work with Clerks II.

Sorry about not including the link, my post count isn't high enough to just insert the link.

You can't have the HD DVD player add on for 360 without the November update.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is there a way to down load the update by hooking up to my broad band modem.i am sorry if this is a stupid questioned but i have only had the xbox and the addon 2 months and i have never hooked up to online not sure how to do it.i have comcast broadband.THANK YOU

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a good point i bought my addon in november on release day got my xbox and add on same time. i did try taking the clerks 2 movie out put in back same parental message i cut off my player also then retried same thing.why would other rated r movies play and not clerks 2?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigee /forum/post/0

You can't have the HD DVD player add on for 360 without the November update.

I still can't post links, argh. Here is what worked for me:

- Go the the Xbox 360 HD DVD page on the Xbox web site.

- On the left, under the "Support" heading, click on the "How to get the HD DVD Installation File"

- Half way down the page there will be a break in the page that says "November 2006 Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Installation/Update Disc here."

- Click on the link. Follow the burning instructions and it should work

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISMO1 /forum/post/0

has anybody with the add on been able to play CLERKS 2 or MATADOR i need to know because i will be taking the movie back in the morning to bb for a refund or exchange.THANK YOU

Matador plays fine on my xbox add on. My xbox 360 is connected to the internet and has the latest updates if that helps.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that update is the update that came with my addon. on my xbox dash board i went to system setup then i think is was family settings and allowed all movies to been shown is that all i have to do? i think it must be the dvd because house of wax hd played i only watched in the 2 minutes but it played.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISMO1 /forum/post/0

that update is the update that came with my addon. on my xbox dash board i went to system setup then i think is was family settings and allowed all movies to been shown is that all i have to do? i think it must be the dvd because house of wax hd played i only watched in the 2 minutes but it played.

I realize that but give it a shot. It worked for me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i will try add find my disc right now and give it a shot i just tried disc2 of clerks 2 and that would not play either.i did watch POSEIDON HD tonight and that played fine thw picture was alot better than the regular dvd.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
They have been 2 updates (patch) release since november on XBOX LIVE. Connect you're 360 to you're router, create a XBOX LIVE account (FREE silver), once you're in Put ANY HD DVD it , and it will update.

My Total Recall didn't work with the default install, but once updated true XBOX LIVE it work flawlesw

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.