AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter in the mail from my cable company a few weeks ago, but then forgot about it.

Today, I get home, turn on my tv/replaytv, and my channel lineup is changed!

I forced a connect to the ReplayTV server, but that didn't seem to sync things up... what should I do! Help!

ps I did manually setup to record Paradise Hotel... wheh! BTW, Dave lives in the apartment I moved out of when I got married 2 years ago :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I just went through the same thing here in Chicago with Comcast. I went into the setup, then network and input settings, then change ANT/CATV, then cable, and finally "rebuild lineup".

Worked for me.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I second that. Hopefully you will see the alternate lineup in a day or two.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Also, you might need to goto setup and select a new entry for the new lineup. Sometimes not all customers get the new lineup at the same time, so Replay will have multiple entries for your cablesystem/city.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yeah, when comcast changed my lineup in NH, it took about a week before the new lineup showed up. Then, I had to reconfigure to the Comcast (rebuild) lineup. Otherwise, I'd still probably be getting the wrong channels.

Still, of all the complaints I've had with ReplayTV lately, this ain't one of them. As far as I'm concerned, taking a week to catch up to Comcast gratuitously scrambling the channel numbering is pretty dang reasonable.

I'm pissed at Comcast for creating the problem, but happy with Replay for catching up so quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm on the phone right now with ReplayTV tech support... none of the 4 listed Winthrop Comcast Digital lineups actually sync up with the actual cable channels...

A week?!?!? Man, that's a week of lost recordings! sigh... I hope it won't be that long... hoping the fact that Boston is a bigger market than NH means it'll be fixed in less than 1 week... no offence, NH! :)

Paulo

case number 518851

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It might be that ReplayTV has lowered my expectations of what good service is, but I was all ready to get cranky over the fact that the lineup changes weren't available for a week, until I noticed that my TiVo was just as far behind in it as the Replay was.

In fact, I think the Replays caught it first.

In any case, that tells me that at least part of the delay is with their data provider.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
It might be that ReplayTV has lowered my expectations of what good service is, but I was all ready to get cranky over the fact that the lineup changes weren't available for a week, until I noticed that my TiVo was just as far behind in it as the Replay was.

In fact, I think the Replays caught it first.

In any case, that tells me that at least part of the delay is with their data provider.
Almost certainly the problem is with TMS. Neither ReplayTV nor TiVo have anything to do with the guide data, they just pass on whatever TMS says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.