- Goal: Build my HT setup out of used parts with good used discounts
- Use: Movies/TV
- Will you be adding a subwoofer? Yes, but to be determined later
- Are you building a surround sound system? Ground up
- How loud do you want to play? I live in an apartment, lol
- How far will you be sitting from the speakers? Hm, 8ft I think.
- Speaker Experience: 2.0 setup with Klipsch RP-150m on my desktop + random 10+ year old small speaker JBL system from Best Buy that was given to me by my dad, lol.
(Sorted by used prices)
Klipsch RP-280F - The cheapest one here by far. MSRP of $400/$350 per speaker used
KEF Q750 - $800 MSRP/$400 used
Definitive Technology BP-9060 - $830 MSRP/$440 used
MartinLogan Motion 60XT - $1000 MSRP/$600 used
KEF Q950 - $1000 MSRP/640 used
JBL Studio 590 - $1000 MSRP/740 used (although previous research shows $450-500 used, but also maybe not great at all? requires more research)
Paradigm Premier 800F - $1000 MSRP/780 used - Only ones I've listened to in person.
SVS Ultra Tower Speaker - $1000 MSRP
Revel F36 - $1000 MSRP
Bowers & Wilkins 603 - $1000 MSRP
Question: Any alternatives I should look at? Either MSRP of $1000 per speaker or just as good as that price tier?