AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of Yamaha speakers (1 center, 4 satellite, & 1 sub woofer) and a Pioneer Elite VSX-44 receiver and I'm not sure if I have it setup correctly. When playing the radio, only the speakers plugged in to the Front R & Front L are on. I put in a Blu-Ray and got the Center speaker to work. So far the 2 I hooked up to Surround R & L are not doing anything..with the radio or Blu-Ray. I have the receiver set to Auto-Surround...I've went through the settings on the receiver and have had NO luck getting those other 2 speakers to do anything. I'm trying to find a surround sound test dvd to run to see if they are in deed working, or whether they aren't. Does anyone know a link to a free DVD for surround sound testing? Does anyone have experience with surround sound and can let me know if I've done something wrong?

·
Registered
18,860 Posts
The receiver should have a test sound for 5.1, either as part of an auto-cal feature or just a setting to manually calibrate your sound. Check your wiring and/or the settings because that's a 7.2 receiver so wiring or speaker configuration may be specific if you want to just run 5.1. It has an auto-cal feature so there should be some sort of test tone for 5.1 and/or 7.1.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts