AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Onix A-60 amp and Diva 3.1's. I am having trouble connecting them. I have hooked up the bottom blue and red connectors on the speakers to the corresponding connectors on the amp for unswitched left and right speakers. My input is the CD input that is connecting to my desktop computer using a 1/8" to RCA cable. This seems to all be correct, and yet I am not getting any sound. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been waiting for these to arrive forever and now this happens :( . Please help! TIA

--PutYourPantsUp

·
Registered
136 Posts
You mean Diva 2.1's right? Anyhow, I'd double check a couple things, make sure your speaker wires connecting to the back of the Onix are not touching each other or touching the chassis. Also check to see if the cable coming out of your PC is plugged into the speaker out and not mic in or something else, and make sure your sound card is not set to mute and your volume levels are up. I know these are basic things to check but sometimes they are worth double checking. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually no they are the 3.1's. Anyways, I checked all those things and it still does not work. Any other suggestions?

--PutYourPantsUp

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you have any other source besides the PC....like a tape deck,vcr,tv with audio out or cd player?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have a DVD player and I tried playing audio CD in it and still no luck. I believe the problem is somewhere between the speakers and the amp.

--PutYourPantsUp

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did you try plugging in headphones to see if they work? Or try a different input other than cd?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I plugged headphones into the amp and they worked fine. Should I try plugging in different speakers?

--PutYourPantsUp

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd try plugging into the other switched speaker inputs and make sure you unplug the headphones too. Is the speaker wire you are using new?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've tried the other speaker inputs and still no luck. I also tried another speaker which I know works, and that didnt work either. The speaker wire that I have is from a roll of speaker wire, on it is printed MONSTER XP Compact Precision Stranded High Resolution Speaker Cable with Magnetic Flux Tube and LPE Dielectric. It is my brother's and he says it is very high quality and he has used it for his speakers and they work fine.

--Putyourpantsup

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
"Magnetic Flux Tube and LPE Dielectric"

How long did it take for Monster's marketing folks to come up with that line of garbage? Is that like a Flux Capacitor?

Sorry you are having problems. If other speakers are not working it must be something with the amp.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It sounds like the output stage of the Onix might be faulty.....I could be off base but I'd definately send an email to the guys at AV123 and see if they can suggest something else. I am pretty much out of suggestions at this point. Sorry and goodluck, I hope you get things sorted out. I'm kind of curious to hear what you think about the 3.1's....they must have been a special order.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Now, see what happens if you accelerate these wires to 88 miles an hour...

:D :D :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
It's always prudent to see if you can better isolate the problem area. Do you have another sound system you can try swap speaker or amp/receiver with to see whether it's the Onix or Diva that's giving you trouble? May also want to switch out those Monster wires at least for the trial. Good luck.

PF

·
Registered
136 Posts
He tried another speaker pmf.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Oops sorry Sean, must be missing that extra cup of coffee this morning. I guess the only question left is whether it's the wires or amp which shouldn't be hard to tell. Of course if he can get the Diva's to work with another receiver that'll help as well. :)

PF

·
Registered
136 Posts
True enough. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the Onix/Diva set-up. It looks like you have narrowed the problem down to the A-60. I can't think of anything else to recommend to you for testing. Please contact me as soon as you can so that we can resolve this issue.

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.