AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the blue crt driver card and it;s functioning. Im trying to do the color convergence but it seams to me that you need to be a super tweaker or a tech god or something. The manual I'm using is the 1252, 1272, but have been told the procedure is the same for all these model. I'm able to decently adjust the red ans green colors, but have much problem with the blue. I keep getting a blue shadow which seams not to go away can anyone help. I love the pic but it needs fine tuning. Thanks to anyone that can help and thank God for this forum and all the great people.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by blue shadow? Do you mean that the blue is bluring to the left or right (or both) of the green convergence pattern?

If so, have you adjusted focus? Also, I've noticed that my blue tube seems to blur easily if the contrast is too high. You might want to bring down contrast.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Rob,

On my BG800 I had a "blue shadow" (that's what I called it). Does it look like a blue outline along an object on the screen? For example when someone's face is backlit is there a blue line outlining all or a portion of the face?

This was a convergence issue for me, I ordered AVIA and converged to the test patterns on the disc, made a world of difference. I'm not sure about the sonys, but everyone says, don't trust the barco internal test patterns. I checked the internal test patterns before putting the disc in, everything look good, put the disc in blue was off EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
If you have bad focus, pull the blue lens and clean the crap out from behind it with a lens tissue. If it's a convergence problem, you might have an electronic problem (unlikely, but possible), or you need to overlap the blue lines over the green in teh middle of the screen before the rest of the convergence controls will work properly.

There's also internal focusing pots under the top cover.

Give us a better idea of what exactly the problem is, and we'll help.

Curt

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Have you adjusted the flare and Astig? This makes an enormous difference, but be careful, there's lethal volatages in there.

Do a search and you should find a large amount of info.

Chaeck out my manual too: www.mooneyass.com

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those who asked I did clean the lense and crts, actually I cleaned the entire proj with soft air ofcorse. have gone thought the entire set and adjustment in the manual. Someone asked if the shadow was to the left or right of the pic it's to the right and only right, this ocurse in just about any display slightly dark or extreme light ofcorse in a total dark seen you just can't tell. What is the astig adjust and where is it? Also how is it performed. If it's the focus and screen adjustment screws then I've already tried that, what is flare up and also how is that adjusted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.