AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone to post on the web (or e-mail me) a scanned copy of their Best Buy receipt, for an open-box special on a Panasonic ShowStopper, preferably 30-hour (SS2000).

I have found a Best Buy who have an open-box SS2000, however they want $369 for it. And it's missing the UPC!

If I take someone else's receipt along, I could ask them to price-match it. That shouldn't be a problem since it is the same item at the same chain.

I've seen people posting Best Buy deals for $49, $75, $99, etc. So I know what kind of price this open-box item should be going for.

I hope someone here can do me a favor. Thanks in advance.

Tony

·
Registered
72 Posts
I could send you my Circuit City receipy for $199 but I doubt it will help. In Southern California, I tried on behalf of some friends to get Best Buy to match my CC open box buy. Best Buy insisted price matching does not apply to open box items and it is up to the individual store manager's discretion. It was only after 25 minutes of heated discussion with one store manager that he agreed to sell me an open-box for $199. After he left, the salesman told me the unit had been on the shelf for three months and he couldn't understand his manager's stance. Let me know if you want the receipt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks keyzersoce, but like you said - it probably wouldn't help. I'd have a lot more leverage if it was a Best Buy receipt. Then my argument would be along the lines of "Well, your store sold one for $X ..... so why can't you ?"

Is there anyone else who can help ? Pretty Please ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried to take one of the "Posted" reciepts to my local Best Buy and they refused to honor it. (for open box) they said that prices for open box items are based on how many times they have been bought and returned and how long they have been "on the shelf". Good luck with your try. If you come up with any suggestions for dealing with Best Buy managers next time, please feel free to post.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Do a search, people posted a bunch of receipts a few months ago, but like I said, they were for $150-250.
Yeah, I started the thread in question after getting a great SS deal. I think 5 or 6 people posted reciepts and it helped a bunch of folks get cheap SS's. My advice is to print out each and every reciept that was posted/listed and bring them all in with you.

Good Luck!

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I managed to get a 30 hr showstopper at BB for $150, but only after going in about 5-6 times and talking to many different drones and wannabie managers. I finaly found someone who just marked it down for me and I didn't even need to show the reciepts. The pricematch deal didn't work to good because they have a 60 day limit. It was posted and my receipts were the original ones people posted earlier this summer. I couldn't argue much with a logical excuse.

I was even told that the computer wouldn't let them mark it down. Gee, it didn't stop the last guy I saw, and he didn't need Mgr approval.

Side note: Sears is still able to get ShowStoppers from their wharehouse, so that supply hasn't dried up yet. I tried to get their floor model, but not until they can't order them.

Oh well. I'll try to post my receipt tomorrow. It's less than 4 weeks old, so you can stuff em with the 60 day limit.

·
Registered
864 Posts
To hook up between cable modem and computer.

Where do I purchase one and is there a 2 line router as opposed to a 4 line router?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've bought 3 Showstoppers from my local Best Buy-- all were open box. The first one didn"t work(or I couldn't figure it out--didn't know about this forum!). They replaced it with a new one. I've had real good success with one of the supervisors as far as getting good deals on open box items. My point is treat them with some respect--get to know a management person--and I think you will have a better chance with getting good deals. This guy even calls me when he knows they are going to be doing inventory(that's when you get GREAT deals on open box items) and asks me what I'm interested in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.