AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Been on here for a bit looking at different threads and such. Went to BB the other day and listened to quite a few speakers. I really like Bowers and Wilkins. Heard the c9's at the store but not sure im willing to put 3k into just two speakers.

What I have now...

Room: 20x20

52 inch Sharp Aquos

321 Bose System (No HDMI input)

PS4

Five Berkin Theatre Seats

All bought in 2007

What I am looking for...

From what I read on here the Bowers and Wilkins 683's might be the bang for the buck I am looking for. Do I need to test them out if I liked the C'9's or just take it that I will like them but they wont be quite as nice? I've read that I may want to up the system from the 600 line to the C line for the Center Speaker... Agree or not necessary. Not sure if I want to go 5 speaker or 7. The other thing is I got no idea about what receiver I should get and if I need a AMP. Don't really even know what that is lol. Just that people have said that these speakers need a lot of juice. I am into iphones and such so I guess Iplay would be nice to have with it. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Lots of B&W owners here who can help you out: http://www.avsforum.com/t/755048/b-w-owners-thread

When you get ready to buy the sub, look at subwoofers from vendors SVS Sound, Power Sound Audio, Rythmik Audio, Outlaw Audio, and HSU Research. These vendors provide much better subs for the money than what you will pay for a B&W sub, and there is no reason to match the sub with the speaker brand. You can learn more about those subs in the AVS subwoofer forum.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1519733/help-create-my-bowers-and-wilkins-system#post_24406019

Lots of B&W owners here who can help you out: http://www.avsforum.com/t/755048/b-w-owners-thread

When you get ready to buy the sub, look at subwoofers from vendors SVS Sound, Power Sound Audio, Rythmik Audio, Outlaw Audio, and HSU Research. These vendors provide much better subs for the money than what you will pay for a B&W sub, and there is no reason to match the sub with the speaker brand. You can learn more about those subs in the AVS subwoofer forum.
Yeah I didnt want to use that thread as I thought maybe they just wanted present owners to discuss their systems there and not have newbies with outdated equipment in there asking questions lol. Good to know about not needing to match the subwoofer. I also know that some have more than 1 sub and some use a amp too to power their speakers. I can use all the advice I can get. I presently have no receiver and just what I listed above.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I'm sure the B&W owners in that thread would love to talk with you about your potential purchase

Dual subwoofers have the advantage of potentially providing a smoother frequency response through a wider seating area. So yeah. If your budget can afford it, it's a good choice for setting up a dedicated HT room.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1519733/help-create-my-bowers-and-wilkins-system#post_24406090

I'm sure the B&W owners in that thread would love to talk with you about your potential purchase

Dual subwoofers have the advantage of potentially providing a smoother frequency response through a wider seating area. So yeah. If your budget can afford it, it's a good choice for setting up a dedicated HT room.
YES if a moderator could take this thread off that would be great I started it at the Bowers thread instead. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Doesn't hurt to have this thread, too. I'm just guessing that you will learn a lot more from the B&W owners

1 - 6 of 6 Posts