Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have just bought a Terratec DMX XFire 1024 with optical s/pdif output. ( http://www.terratec.net )

Connected to a Denon 2801 amply, I have some problems with Dolby Digital stream. Sometimes, when the movie starts, the amply signals a Dolby Surround stream and not DD. If I try to pause/unpause a couple of times, then the amply recognize a DD stream.

If a DD stream is correctly recognized and I pause/unpause or change the chapter, then often the amply signals a Dolby Surround stream instead of DD. I then have to pause/unpause to have DD back.

Sometimes, while a DD stream is recognized and the movie is correctly played, the sound mutes without any apparent reason. Finally, using fast forward, the sound start to stutter.

This happen with both WinDVD and PowerDVD under Windows98SE. I tried a fresh Windows installation and the problems are still there.

What's going on ?

Thank you,

Alberto

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the Terratec EWX24/96 but I guess the mixer application is similar.

There is a setting in the Terratec mixer that can mark the outgoing digital stream as non-audio (can't remember the exact name right now). Some pre/pro's require this setting to successfully reconize a DD/DTS stream.

Hope this helps ...

------------------

Henrik Rasmussen
My Home Theater

[This message has been edited by Henrik (edited 05-08-2001).]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Henrik,

but in the control panel of the XFire, Digital tab, I can only tell if I want "Software DVD (AC-3)" and if I want "50/15microsec pre-emphasis" (BTW, what is this pre-emphasis ???).

In the manual I can read:
Software DVD (AC-3) – with this setting you can forward undecoded AC-3 data to an external decoder – note that it is clear from the software documentation that this capability supports our XFire: either explicitly as “DMX XFire 1024â€, as “Crystal Soundfusion†or as “CS4624 / CS4630â€.

Ciao,

Alberto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.