AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking to shop my first HDTV LCD, this week Bestbuy has some good deals including 36 months no interest, free stuff also.

Samsung LN-T4053H - $1199

8,000:1 ratio, 720p

if i buy this, i get a 340$ leather massage chair

Samsung LN-T4061F - $1299

10,000:1 ratio, 1080p

if i buy this i get 3 blu ray discs, which would be uesless since i don't own a blu ray player

both has free accessory kits also.

I'm also buying the 4 year extended service plan

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Which do you think looks better. Both are good tvs, obviously the 4061 is 1080p for only $100 more. I have the 4053 but I think if you can get the 1080p for almost the same amount, it's always good to have the extra resolution for future uses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I went out earlier and bought the 4061, it will be ready for pick up end of the week. The reason i went with it because long term 1080p

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I think you've made a wise choice to go with 4061. Now, get a Blu-ray player and enjoy those blu-ray movies in 1080P.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm sure you will be plenty happy with the 61. If you like to "tweak," you are in for a blast, well some would call it a chore but really, it can be fun. That is what I like about the Samsungs, lots of tweaking capabilities.

Interestingly FWIW, in their "2008 Buying Guide" Consumer Reports stated that

the 4053 had deeper blacks than the 61. Well, maybe...? The 61 got a higher mark for high definition than the 53, but then they said that at this screen size it may be hard to discern the difference (this ties into a HUGE discussion here at AVS).

I went with a 4053 a couple weeks ago (and saved a "little" money) because I thought I liked the styling of the TV a little better than the 61 (that's a good reason, isn't it?
). However, if the 4661 drops to a "good" price (at this particular retailer) before I reach 30 days I may consider an upgrade. Each year the models get better...how cool is that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts