AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was totally set on the pn50c6500 I was a firm believer only plasma can have deep blacks. I go visit my uncle with family and we are watching college football in HD on his TV I say to him man that picture looks really great no blurring great contrast is that a plasma from samsung he's like nope its a 55 inch b8500 local dimming LED LCD. I jus was thinkin wow that lcd has a plasma quality picture maybe even better. The 55 inch ones are way outta my price range very few online places sell them and 55 inch is a little large for my bedroom anyways.

I think I do like the picture quality of the b8500 more then the new c6500 plasmas but I'd have to get a 46" b8500 I'd be losing 4 inchs of screen real estate over the pn50c6500 and I'd also be paying 400-500 more for a smaller tv. What do you guys think plasma 50c6500 for 400-500 less or a 46b8500 for 400-500 more?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I know these are 2 great sets and pretty damn hard to pick. I'm kinda leaning towards the pn50c6500 just because its 500 dollars less and 4 inches bigger. Even though I like the pic quality of the 46b8500 the most its only a slight edge over the pn50c6500. The PQ of the plasma is not that far behind and the extra 4 inches and 500 cheaper price tag is outweighing the slight increase in PQ of the local dimming LED. Atleast thats how im leaning right now. Any opinions?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hi I think you answered your own question
But IMHO in your case you should consider:

1) How bright is your bedroom

2) Is your uncle's MCFI turned on, you may have liked the "video look" PQ

3) What kind of materials you like to watch most

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watch a lot of sports football and basketball. Also have a PS3 I game on. Also plan on watching a lot of downloaded 1080p movies. I have black metal privacy blinds that block probably 98% of light during the day and i have a 3 light socket ceiling fan with 2x 100 watt bulbs that i leave slightly unscrewed unless i need light and 1 25 watt bulb i leave in for my normal lighting so my room is pretty dim all the time i don't like light. The blinds block so much light i have to have my ceiling light on even during the day or i cant see anything in my room. I'm guessing it just makes sense to spend 500 less and get 4 more inches. Glare and panel brightness is a non issue. Plasma flicker and phosphor trail doesn't exist to my eyes. The whole 3d thing is useless to me that's why i went with the c6500. Plasma's PQ and price just cant be topped by lcd no matter how i look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.