AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a 55inch TV with passive 3d, and have narrowed it down to two choices.

I'm looking at either the LG WL5300 or Vizio M3D550SR. Leaning towards the Vizio, but looking for input before I pull the trigger.

LG

120hz refresh

I've heard there is some gaming lag and I do use my xbox360 quite often

I've heard the Cinema3D is really good, and what I saw from the 5600 at BestBuy was great...I assume the 5300 will be similar.

Response Time: ??

4,000,000:1 contrast

converts 2d to 3d

It also comes with a 3D Blu Ray for a total of $1,299

Vizio

240hz SPS refresh

Vudo Streaming App

No gaming lag

I'm unsure about the Theater3D. Some say it's great, while other's say it has "too much depth"

5,000,000:1 contrast

Response Time: 5ms

No 2d to 3d conversion

$1,348 price tag

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't have niether TV but I would lean towards the LG one. I read an article a few months back about Vizio I believe on either flatpanels or hdguru.

The article basically said Vizio buys parts for their TVs individually from 3rd party chinese factories therefore very hard to replace. I believe the warranty options are very limited on vizio models.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I've had both the M3d550 and the LG 5600 and had issues with both. The LG had really poor screen uniformity and some motion blurring. The M3d550 has pretty irritating (to me at least) blooming related to the local dimming. The Vizio did a really good just eliminating crosstalk with its 240hz refresh rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts