AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to home theater and have some equipment on hand. I am looking for a budget conscious surround sound processor which can do 5.1 or greater.

Equipment I have now:

Front speakers: Fried C3/L

Center channel: M&K K7

subwoofer: M&K Volkswoofer

Rear speakers: Radio Shack Minimus 7

Front L/R Amp: JBL Synthesis S150

Subwoofer/Center channel amp: Parasound HCA-1000

Rear surround amp: JBL Synthesis S150

equalizer: JBL Synthesis SPP-P3 (4 channel eq)

I do not want a home theater receiver. I already have collected good components.

I cannot seem to find a good quality processor at a budget price.

Please help and give me any suggestions you know.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
good luck, because what you are looking for doesn't exist...

you may not "like" it, but your best bet is an avr with pre-outs...

·
The Village Idiot
9,715 Posts
You've stated no budget - the most important piece of the puzzle.

Hang out here and wait for the next Emotiva LMC-1 preamp processor to be put up for sale - or post here asking for one.

I own one - its the second one I've bought - I regret selling the first one. They work good but are a bit behind the times as features go.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
The UMC-1 offers the promise of a budget pre pro. Of course, as of yet, none have rolled off the production line, far as I know.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/16937233

The UMC-1 offers the promise of a budget pre pro. Of course, as of yet, none have rolled off the production line, far as I know.

Yeah, don't hold your breath. I've been interested in getting one for almost a year now. With the latest problem they ran into, I don't know if someone who's not already on the waiting list will be able to get one this year.

I'm debating between waiting for the XMC (which at this rate could conceivably ship before the UMC) and picking up the 886 from shoponkyo.

·
The Village Idiot
9,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins /forum/post/16937613

AC4L has the Onkyo SC886 for $999, $200 less than ShopOnkyo.

Join The shoponkyo club and the price changes to $999 and you get $10 off for joining. Free shipping too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
FYI, the price is now even lower at Shoponkyo.com. If they have a Labor Day sale, it could be a real bargain for a lot of people...

Unless of course, you live in an area that has ridiculously high sales tax (LA), where the dumb-ass voters (in LA) decided to vote for RAISING our sales tax (LA County)... AGAIN!!! 9.75% as of July!!! WTF??? Idiots!

I guess I can be thankful that we have low State Income Taxes and excellent gov services... yes, I'm being sarcastic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts