AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I'm trying to get a 7.1 (or 7.2) system for about $700 and I'm decident between either:

Onkyo HT-S6200 home theater in a box which amazon has for $599 and includes the ipod dock

OR

Onkyo HT-RC160 (which amazon has for $379) + a set of 7.1 speakers which I don't have a clue which to choose. I'm considering the Onkyo SKS-HT540 for the sole reason that amazon has them for $300 and fit nicely in my budget.

Just FYI, I already Own a 7.1 system which I'm perfectly happy with. This new set is a present for my dad and even thou I'm a Home theater and tech buff, my knowledge is mostly video related. When it comes to audio I always come here to request advice from you audio-gurus.

Like I said, my budget for this is around $700. $800 If the extra hundred make a lifetime of difference. If you guys have a better suggestion either for a HT in a box or for a receiver+speakers combo, feel free to list your picks.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the overwhelming response to this thread. Ordered HT-S6200. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

·
Registered
29,108 Posts

·
The Village Idiot
9,712 Posts
Or you could have gotten this .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.