Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following setup:

* P4 machine (Soyo P4S) running Windows XP Pro

* Delta 410 connected directly to a power amp (6 analog channels).

* Delta 410 latest driver 5.10.27 I think.

* Power DVD XP Deluxe with all the patches

* Windows XP default audio device "Delta 410 Multichannel". Speakers set to 5.1 in advanced settings.

When I use the volume control on Power DVD it only seems to control the LF and RF channels. Center, LFE, and surrounds are not managed by PowerDVD. Is anyone seeing this problem?

BTW, the sound quality of the 410 compared to the embedded CMedia 8738 on my motherboard is superb. I am really glad with this purchase I just hope I can get the volume problem fixed.

Also what happened to the master volume control in windows? I can not see that anymore. Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Bassam

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
The volume control in PowerDVD is connected to the Windows stereo volume control and not to the Delta Bass Management volume control.

In PowerDVD keep the volume control at full and use the Master Volume Control in the Delta Control Panel/Bass Management tab.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi all,

Bassam,

Just because I'm curious: is your 410 connected to a DIY power amp? Or to a receiver bypassing the pre-amp?

Alyr.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I am guessing less items in the signal chain is the goal (I may go this way if I can get by without my reciever)...

I am thinking of building the AKSA 100w kit as 2 monoblocks systems (3 of them) for 6 channels of amplification... Check out Harminc Discords printed electronics forum for the enthusiastic DiY'ers of this solid state push pull topoligy system....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 410 is directly connected to a rotel power amp. I have dont have a pre-amp nor do I want one :)

Cliff, from a usability standpoint it would be nice to have the windows volume control control bass management. Conisder this a feature request.

How are people controling the volume on the 410? Girder?

Thanks!

Bassam

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Cliff, from a usability standpoint it would be nice to have the windows volume control control bass management. Conisder this a feature request."

That has already been requested from Microsoft and should be included in a upgrade to multichannel audio later this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.