AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Denon 1906 and a LG Infinia 60PK950. I have a custom Windows 7 media center, Xbox 360, PS3 and U-Verse. I am going to be using the receiver for HDMI switching and general purpose home theater usage. I currently have Denon SYS-76HT 7.1 speakers that I am using with the 1906. I know they're mediocre, but I plan on upgrading in the future to either some B&W or Klipsch Reference series. Thoughts?


Denon 1911 - $405


Pros

-HD radio

-"better sound" (arguable, but based on reviews)


Cons

-No bluetooth

-Crappy iPod interface/GUI

-Only 4 HDMI


Pioneer VSX-31 - $400


Pros

-Better GUI/iPod

-Bluetooth adapter

-Internet radio

-"Premium" Pioneer


Cons

-80w/ch

-Not much better than the VSX-1020?

-Only 5 HDMI


Pioneer VSX-1020-K - $350


Pros

-120w/ch

-Nice GUI/iPod

-Bluetooth adapter

-Seems to have most of the same features as the VSX-31, but at a cheaper price point

-6 HDMI


Cons

-1yr warranty

-cut corners for such a cheap price point?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
I have a Denon 1909 and a Pioneer 1120. I prefer the Pioneer based on features. They sound identical to me. Audyssey and MCACC both work fantastic. MCACC is more tweakable. I love the iPod support on the Pioneer. Plus the 1120 has preouts if you ever want to add amps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse
That would get my vote. It's definitely much better than the others you mentioned...
What makes the 1120 much better? What are the differences between the 1020 and 1120? Is it $130 better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkalfut /forum/post/0



What makes the 1120 much better? What are the differences between the 1020 and 1120? Is it $130 better?

The 1120 has more connectivity, amplifier pre-outs, dramatically improved video processing, and more power per channel.


For those reasons, and for my needs, yes, I do believe it's worth the added cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/19552801


The 1120 has more connectivity, amplifier pre-outs, dramatically improved video processing, and more power per channel.


For those reasons, and for my needs, yes, I do believe it's worth the added cost.

Thanks for the advice. Now I just need to find a good deal on the 1120... Hmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkalfut /forum/post/0



Thanks for the advice. Now I just need to find a good deal on the 1120... Hmm

$480 at Amazon is pretty much the best you'll see for quite some time... (I paid $630 for mine just four months ago, and it was still worth every penny!)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top