AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my second 3805 and the same problem has shown up as on the first unit I had. The unit works fine for a couple of months and then all of a sudden it won't pass the video over to my tv. I am using component ins - for dvd & comcast hdtv box, and composite in for vcr. I am using a quality surge protector so I don't think it's caused by surges , etc.

can anyone tell me if this is a problem with the 3805 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
That's why I selected a yamaha htr 5790 over the 3805 because of that same problem,I believe it's a defect in that unit.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Despite what "the whiz" believes, there's no such defect in the 3805. Bob, you may have several problems, including cabling, settings, and maybe another defective 3805. My first 3805 came essentially DOA, and my dealer promptly replaced it. I've had no such problems with my 3805, nor have I heard of others with a similar problem. Maybe you could try to isolate the problem...switch out cables, double-check your numerous settings within the 3805, disconnect everything except for one video source, etc. I don't know if you've tried any of this, but it's worth a shot. There are a lot of menus and sub-menus within the 3805's system setup that all affect the way that video is passed. Also, try bypassing the 3805 and connecting your source directly to your TV just to check that everything jives between the two.

I'd love to know what source of information "Lou the Whiz" is basing his beliefs on, but as I've said, I've heard of no such "defect in that unit."

Jason

·
Registered
70 Posts
If the receiver is in Pure Direct mode, the video pass-through doesn't work.

Also, someone could have accidentally hit the Video Off button near the bottom of the remote. This causes "V.OFF" to appear in the display and the video to be cut off. These are two things to check before assuming the receiver is bad.

Last but not least, check the component in assignments in the menus, to make sure they correspond to the inputs being selected on the 3805.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.