AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Denon AVR-1603 that when I power it up it goes through its self check and then goes into safe mode. The "ON\\STANDBY" continues to flash. Are there any resets or anything that I can do? Any ideas would be great!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Disconnect each speaker one at a time while turning the unit back on in between. If the receiver stays on then the last speaker you disconnected has a short, or some other problem. It could be the speaker, the wire, some type of interference, etc.

If it's not a speaker then do the same with each source (unlikely, but possible).

Still not repaired???

It's a brick

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi Copyguy11

If your unit is still faulty this is what I did to repair my unit. I assume a reasonable electronics skill

to perform the repair.

On the unit the flashing led after the selftest fails for most likely due to a fault being detected.

There is a service manual online and by looking on Pg 57 the "Main Unit Schematic"

...hifiengine.com  /library  /denon   /avr-1603.   shtml

The unit monitors the following

DC on any of the Amplifiers ( 1- 5)

Power supplies

My unit did the same thing and by checking the power supplies

+15V,-15V, +55V, -55V

If any of these are missing, out of spec then the /Protect signal will be aserted and the UNit will shut down

If the power is all good then unplug the power from the unit and check the output transistors BC,BE,CE

BC and BE = ~0.6V

CE ~open

If these have failed then replace both N and P channel parts on that channel. Available from ( Digikey

On the amplifier the parts are all available and

Hope this is helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts